Fly Tying
breambuster

Skill Builder Trout Series II

http://traditionalflies.com/index.php?wetpost1930

Unless he changes his mind I have dibs on the "Bonnie View". Just a nice combination of materials and if he throws a curve at us I have a dozen nice flies ready for some other swap.

Cool. I've got dibs on the Alder fly. We get a big hatche of zebras Caddis right here by my house in late June and those wets will be perfect. :)

I need everyone who was in Round 2 who wants to be in Round 3 to post here ASAP. You have first choice at being in on round 3 before I open it up to the general public. Let me know if you want in.

BB

Henrik

Thank you for your thoughts and comments. Even though I did not participate in the swap, I learned a lot from you. I hope to be able to apply what I have learned from your comments.

Tom

I'm rethinking my choice of the Alder in this round due to the turkey wing... So much more difficult than duck to work with. Flimsier and very difficult to get to match up and stay matched up. Any tips before I bail on this one?

OK, Guys, I'm about ready to post a new thread for Skill Builder Trout Round 3. Here is the final call on the rules & requirements. It has to be a classic wet fly with wings. It can come from the link that Vicrider and I have both already posted elsewhere, or another fly that is like the ones on that page that meet the other requirements. It has to be a trout fly pattern so that pretty well sets the size of your fly. It has to be in the classic style of a wet fly, and it has to have wings. That way we will all be tying basically the same pattern, just with different materials and different colors.

So far, the guys that I know want in are:

Vicrider

Chris_NH

Fishingbobnelson

EastTNoutdoorsman

Wetsock

And, of course, I'm in. We will limit the swap to 13 tyers and you will need to tie 12 flies. I've sent a PM to DavidR, PJ2, Riff & Kennebec12 to see if they want in.

Pica and Josephsylvia will not be in on round 3 and Armyflyguy didn't finish the swap so that will leave us needing at least 3 new swappers, if all the guys who are getting PM's decide to stay. We will set the due date at somewhere about May 15, depending on how long it takes to get a full roster.

So have fun tying up some Classic Wet Flies. This should test all of our tying skills at some point. So, who's in with a Paramachene Belle?

BB

Ok. Riff is going to stay with us, and DavidR is dropping out to have more time to fish. I haven't heard from Kennebec12 or PJ2 yet.

Take care

BB

I haven't had a chance to read the entire post yet but if there is room I would like to participate. Count me in if there is room and I will catch up on the posts tomorrow.

Randy

Idaho RC, I've got you down. You might want to check in over on the Skill Builder Trout Series Round 3 thread so you will be notified whenever anyone posts to the current thread. I expect this one to go dead any time now. Glad to have you join us.

Take care

BB