Fly Tying
LeeB

Spartan Clear Wrap

Just watched a video by Dave Mcphail. He used a product called Spartan clear wrap, it looks like pearl Mylar but is clear.
Anyone know where
I can pick some up?
Thanks

How about where can I find Uni clear mylar???

Spartan clear wrap, on Davie's side of the pond, is the same thing as Saran Wrap over on this side. At least as far as I can tell. Put a link to the particular video you're referencing, and we'll be able to tell you more ... maybe.

Welcome to the site, too.

Ah, yep. Fin's link ... Uni even explains that the "Spartan" brand clear is no longer available.

Spartan tackle was a brand sold by a guy over here called Steve Parton. Very dry sense of humour and was very good rod builder. He has some articles on the net discussing the reasons we are charged over the odds on brand rods.

Steve sadly passed on and the brand died with him but some of his stuff was really good and well priced.

Much of Steve Parton's old stock was bought by Turrel's. A good part of that ended up with a friend of mine.I will contact him and see if he has any.

Cheers,

C.

Spoke with my friend this morning. He doesn't have any, neither does he recall seeing it in any of Turrell's stock. Sorry.

Cheers,

C.

I looked that up, flytire. Great little tool, easily duplicated if you have ANY mechanical ability. I am eager to get back home to try to make a version of my own.

Thanks for the idea.

Mike... be sure to post an SBS when you get it made.