Fly Tying
jjs89yj

Material Waste Basket DIY and bought

Idaho RC, do you have a link for yours? I like that magnetic release a lot.

Idaho RC, do you have a link for yours? I like that magnetic release a lot.

This is the ebay one I bought. This is a link to what looks like the same one but it is a few bucks less.

I had a bag like the green one posted and I didn't care for it. I like to keep it empty and it was a paid to unscrew it. I also thought the green bag was too tall and was in my way. The magnetic bag is not as tall and isn't in my way. I super glued a thin piece of cardboard between the two magnets so they don't grip each other as tight. It makes it easier to pull them apart.

I like that one you linked Idaho but I have one similar for cheaper. I use the plastic bowl that BBQ comes in. It has a large lip on each side and I drill a hole through the lip with a 3/8 drill and slide it onto the vise shaft. Works fine but not quick remove. I grab the bulk of bigger materials and vac out the rest.

I love homemade stuff. Can you post a picture?

I use a paint brush to sweep stuff into my home made desk gutter. I keep my desk pretty clean (sort of) but I cant imagine a vacuum anywhere near my desk. I would loose all kinds of stuff. LOL

waste-collector_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1363729

Look where the fly is in relation to the bag.... About 150 years ago I made a wire frame the correct size to hold small waste bin bags, and a small piece of cutting board drilled with a 3/8 hole to slide it onto my vise stem. My fly is always over the bag and when I trim something off it just falls right into the bag. Cost was $0.00 and about 15 minutes of time. Adjusted for inflation in today's dollars that is $0.00 and about 15 minutes of time.

Cost was $0.00 and about 15 minutes of time. Adjusted for inflation in today's dollars that is $0.00 and about 15 minutes of time.

LIAR !!! You KNOW you aren't as fast as you used to be !!!! It would take, at least, 18 minutes today !!!

For us "Do-it-youself-ers" ... do you have a picture? Especially one of the "... small piece of cutting board drilled with a 3/8 hole to slide it onto my vise stem."

How about an empty Kleenex box. Don't need to remove a lid; plastic strips that form the slit keep stuff from blowing out; FREE!

thanks, Bob H

Cost was $0.00 and about 15 minutes of time. Adjusted for inflation in today's dollars that is $0.00 and about 15 minutes of time.

LIAR !!! You KNOW you aren't as fast as you used to be !!!! It would take, at least, 18 minutes today !!!

For us "Do-it-youself-ers" ... do you have a picture? Especially one of the "... small piece of cutting board drilled with a 3/8 hole to slide it onto my vise stem."

that's pretty harsh... I might need to go to a safe space and talk to someone about how that makes me feel.

I'll see if I can take a decent pic over the weekend and post it. Really it's quite handy. When enough junk falls in the bag, I just take it off, throw it away, and put on a new bag.

Oh, Sorry JS. I have a side psychiatry business if you want to give me a call. Only $9.00 a minute !!! PM me and I'll give you the number !!!

Please, with the photo. I think I understand what you've done, but I want to see to be sure.

Thanks.

Maybe you didn't actually "lie" ... just "fibbed" a little.