Fly Tying
deerhairdan

August Flies From the Vise

Orange/pink scud

14103022_1294522063892432_77882781375173

Kimo

Great looking fly. But won't they ride upside down, with all the heavy epoxy/UV resin on top of the hook and all the lighter material on the bottom? Tried makeing some once, but couldn't get them to ride like i wanted, so i went back to bodystrech for the backshield. Im sure the fish won't mind, but i just don't like it

???

Nice ant profile Nick. Is that meant to float? My ants aren't quite as polished as yours and I tie them with a copper wire under body and dubbed over with a center hackle for legs. Generally I drop them under an indicator fly. Tossed under overhanging trees they are the bomb on windy days.

38745265-B052-4D30-AACD-F964735471E8_zps

Hard to see in the pic above, but both got hit tipped zonker tails. Red on the barred olive and orange on the black.

8C9856A0-F1EF-4BFA-BE23-462D48AA81C5_zps

Nice ant profile Nick. Is that meant to float? My ants aren't quite as polished as yours and I tie them with a copper wire under body and dubbed over with a center hackle for legs. Generally I drop them under an indicator fly. Tossed under overhanging trees they are the bomb on windy days.

Hi Chuck, thanks....these do float semi submerged.... depending on the chop lol

had to get at least one fly in this month lol, here is a little baitfish/finger mullet I tied up tonight.

finger%20mullet.jpg

Nice Joe :)

Didn't know what to call these but it's that time of year for vegetables from the garden

so I came up with "Green Beans & Corn". Nothing special, matter of fact, it's a bit of

stash cleaning/tying flies for a friend that likes to catch bluegills.

2hcl0s1.jpg

HJ

I like those! Now tie up some taters, squash, and a big pumpkin! Joking aside I really like those!

dryfly.me_.2016.08.27.green_sally-1024x7

Green Sally, with a polar bear wing

Eide

Beautiful fly and I believe you are partial to the color green .