Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Amazing temperature drop

Our problem is the humidity rarely drop below 80 percent there by making it feel like you fell in the water when it's cold and breezy. Cuts right through you. 90 percent today.

Yea humid cold is much less comfortable than a dry cold is, I spent a couple years in east Texas and a little over 1 in TN.

Salty

If humid cold bothers you don't move to Kentucky. Most of the winter is gray and rainy. 35 to 40 with rain is miserable. Bring on the spring and the Dogwoods and Redbuds!

Im sure this massive cold front ( extreme cold ) that is moving across Canada is going to affect your weather in the States. Overnight we warmed 30 degrees C as it moved further east. Its just plain goofy this year. Hoping to get on the hard water Monday - I'll bring my auger extension

This storm coming through over the next two days is the worst of all possible worlds. Ice storm and high winds. Going to be massive power outings over next few days and maybe weeks to restore everybody if worst case scenario plays out. At least the drought is being kicked in the ass in CA and much of the west. Maybe not gone but should be water to fish this summer in most all the western rivers.

Just saw the weather news last night saying Florida has had it's longest stretch of days in the 80's this January in 80 years.

I love it here.

Sure rub it in....

We got freezing rain, rain and more freezing rain. That's just for today.

Sure rub it in....

We got freezing rain, rain and more freezing rain. That's just for today.

Had a temp drop of 50 degrees plus some wind chill factors over a week ago to start the year: http://yoursun.com/sunnews/waterline/12169589-696/story.html.csp

By Capt. Ralph Allen

Text Size:

txt_plus.giftxt_minus.gif

As I write this on Sunday morning, I’ve just returned from a sunrise walk on the docks at Fishermen’s Village to check mooring lines, fenders and the other nautical paraphernalia that’s required to keep everything afloat and secure when winds and tides are running big. Apparently, Mother Nature wasn’t content with merely dropping the temperature to a nippy 36 degrees this morning, because she added a brisk 20-knot northerly wind too.

A quick check of the wind-chill tables shows that the “feels like” temperature was around 24 degrees during my early-morning stroll, which explains why my eyes were watering and why my fingers quickly went numb. Where’s global warming when you really need it? The temperature swing of some 50 degrees last week was even more of a shock, because thus far we haven’t had much winter weather.

I dunno, Salty... A little bit of cool weather is more than welcome, at least for me...

When I was about to move to Florida, about 20 years ago, I remember looking up weather stats for the Miami area and 80F was the average yearly temperature. Now it feels like 80F is the low yearly temperature...

Oh ... hurry up February 4th !!! I'll be home for a day of warmth (I hope) before jetting off again to Chicago (yuck).

I dunno, Salty... A little bit of cool weather is more than welcome, at least for me...

When I was about to move to Florida, about 20 years ago, I remember looking up weather stats for the Miami area and 80F was the average yearly temperature. Now it feels like 80F is the low yearly temperature...

Used to live at 8,000 feet in the Rockies & shovel snow in gym clothes with boots on so as to not have on sweaty clothes; while 50's in Florida was about when they would take bets whether I'd be wearing a jacket & long pants. 80F & sweating thru 3-4 T-shirts a day as the yearly low is still a bit inconvenient as not quite a full time fair weather fan, but getting there !