Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Simple Streamer

It was just an example of what I typically find when searching for a video, may or may not be his. And those don't paste the live video but the link. But isn't it odd how launching the video from here and then copying the URL and pasting it comes back live/embedded. Did you notice that the problem was that Mcfly himself couldn't embed his own video and that's how this all came up to begin with ?

Yes I noticed but he has posted a bunch of videos in the past and had no problems

Yeah I have, that's what's weird, it just didn't work this time. No big deal, finally got it figured out... not sure what the problem was.

Sounds like you didn't really figure it out, it just worked for some reason.

Nice pattern though I think I'll make some with an olive wing and grey tail.

I've tied some very similar to these and palmered the forward hackle ( usually size 6 nymph hook), ugly out of the water but awesome in the water with lots of extra undulating motion.. As long as anyone is going to tie this , maybe try the palmered idea too.

sometimes your isp server or some other server has a problem not the url

many times on here people have asked if xyz website is down but then a few minutes later its working. most likely a server issue

I've tied some very similar to these and palmered the forward hackle ( usually size 6 nymph hook), ugly out of the water but awesome in the water with lots of extra undulating motion.. As long as anyone is going to tie this , maybe try the palmered idea too.

So like a wooly bugger sorta with a top wing?

Not hackle that was a typing error. But marabou, the forward marabou is palmered, tied in by the back end of the quill.

Not hackle that was a typing error. But marabou, the forward marabou is palmered, tied in by the back end of the quill.

Oh ok, yeah those would work as well, kinda more of a water pusher then mine... sounds cool, like a mini sculpzilla or something.

This would probably do well on crappie too. A Marabou Miss is basically the same fly but with chenille for the body. It's popular around here for crappie, especially in pink or chartreuse.

It doesn't really form a head or collar like a scupzilla, the fibers stream all the way back over the length of the fly. But I suppose the general profile might be similar in the end. I don't know, I mean without the tail piece I've turned these into marabou Gray Ghosts, so the fibers really stream.

Great simple streamer -- I especially like the flash body material from FTD--clearly I need to go over there and look around, haven't done so in a while and I was unaware of this stuff. You also got me to (finally) pull the trigger and order some Solarez and a light. :)

It doesn't really form a head or collar like a scupzilla, the fibers stream all the way back over the length of the fly. But I suppose the general profile might be similar in the end. I don't know, I mean without the tail piece I've turned these into marabou Gray Ghosts, so the fibers really stream.

Sounds like a good fly.

Great simple streamer -- I especially like the flash body material from FTD--clearly I need to go over there and look around, haven't done so in a while and I was unaware of this stuff. You also got me to (finally) pull the trigger and order some Solarez and a light. :)

Have you used the resin yet? Which resin did you buy? Let me know what you think.

I tend to be cheap when it comes to buying materials, this is why almost all my flies use FTD stuff, and all my resins are solarez. They are the best deals for quality stuff. At least that I've found.