Fly Tying
dflanagan

Classic wet fly swap

I've got four more Foam Humpies to tie for my own swap, which I'll knock out tonight, then I'll start on my Kingfishers for this swap. I hope to have them in the mail by early next week. I ended up going with a #10 Mustad 3906B for the hook.

Edit/Addendum -- I just realized that I made a dumb statement above -- I just ordered the materials for my Kingfishers today and they won't even be here until early next week, so I will get started on the Kingfishers as soon as the materials arrive. :)

Great, guys! Looking forward to them.

An update: stabgnid had to drop so we'll be looking at an 11 fly set for everyone.

Great, guys! Looking forward to them.

An update: stabgnid had to drop so we'll be looking at an 11 fly set for everyone.

Srry guys I have had some health issues .. This was going my first wet fly attempt and my hands are shaking to much to put out a fly to my standards ..

Steve-stabgnid

Got you covered Steve, was planning to send a dozen bonus, so adding a Rio Grand King or Leadwing Coachman is next, need to check local fishing shop for quill slips or get creative with some winging yarn.

So I only need to send 11 now?

Yep. For those who have already sent 12, you'll get back one of your flies along with the rest.

So I only need to send 11 now?

Yep. For those who have already sent 12, you'll get back one of your flies along with the rest.

Guess we should have let the 13th guy in way back when.

Guess we should have let the 13th guy in way back when.

It's all good. A couple folks have sent or are sending a second set. I'll probably tie up a second set this week, too, since I'm close to finishing up other swaps. The flies that have arrived so far are really nice and, having been in swaps with a lot of you folks already, I know we're going to end up with an awesome bunch of flies.

I haven't gotten to try for trout yet but the bass and bluegills are tearing up wets that I've tied. Just two weeks out from the pellet-head stocking here in town so this set will get a workout. :D