Fly Tying
vicrider

Start thinking Christmas Swap

Flat Rock, you ask the guy who didn't catch fish? Well, I did but everyone says the flood conditions most of the year made things tough. The story I always here.

1. Soft Hackle...Red Ass Kelso...Green butt...various others...some beaded and some not...few 12, lots of 14-16...few 18.

2. Zebra midge...Bead head...Black/silver wire...Red/white wire...various others...sizes 14-24, mostly 16 & 18

3. Wooly Buggers...Usual mix of olives, blacks, etc....mostly size 8-12

4. Egg patterns...All of the browns we caught were on egg patterns...orange...pink...red...hot spots...etc. Guide used hard bead 1" above hook. It worked.

If you're with the right guide or just find out you're there at the right time it could pay to have some BIG articulated streamer patterns, especially crayfish and sculpin. These are the primary baits used by guides to catch those big trophy browns in the pictures but not worked for me yet. Also, except for the wooly bugger I definitely caught more hits with bobber than clean. Stripped bugger got me a few nice fish without the damn bobber watching. Mending line plays a big part of game with or without bobber but not so much so with streamers.

VERY Good stuff to know, White not terribly different than many deeper, Western tail waters, fishing can be real tough with too much water moving.

Mine is all packaged and ready to ship. Will hit the mail on Monday.

I shipped a nice box of still water trout patterns. More or less the patterns i fish regularly.

I also included a hefty amount of extra materials to be randomly dispersed,

Thanks for hosting Vicrider.

3 more boxes in today and all I can say is that if I laid them out so far and people picked blind...there is NO ONE who wouldn't be happy with their pick. In a few days I may start a separate thread for people to zero in on what they could most put to use on their home waters. It's all great but some are more specialized to fish or stream conditions than others and may be able to help with that.

Nick

ps...Fishin'Bob, FB0301, and Bimiini were today's arrivals.

Okay guys, don't screw up and miss this one. The quality of flies and boxes is outstanding and thanking those who included some extra items and especially a couple who included half a fly shop there are going to be many random extras in this return. Next week I'll list some specials to pick from, example would be almost all dries or almost all beadheads for example. When they're all in it will be first come first serve for some boxes concentrated in one area or another, but all top quality flies.

Yep Old Hat, but it's an act of love. I love fishing and have since I was old enough to walk. Now that I'm getting too old to walk much anymore I really enjoy tying and inspecting and sharing other's ties. One of our old time board members, long before me, sent me the comment he was going for the WOW factor when someone unwrapped his and I won't out him but I will say whoever draws his box will definitely feel the WOW factor, but so will almost every other person in this swap. I only hope I can put together a collection worthy of sending to some myself.

Mine are on their way. A Easter Freestone collection. I am not picky anything from Sante other the coal I look at as a bonus

post-57405-0-85534500-1511218944_thumb.jpg