Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on?

Finally caught up on all my outstanding lure orders (some of them two months waiting...) and now working on current orders (when not doing all the re-fitting on my skiff after a really hard spring season, going day after day...). My next order is actually for Mark Knapp - and will be mailed out before long up to Alaska...

Thanks for the order Mark...

Once all the skiff work and current orders are done I have at least a half dozen rods to re-wrap and refurbish before going back into service - none of them fly rods, though... Fly rods will come last - but in time for early fall's big tarpon returning to the 'glades to feed up before wintering over out in the Gulf somewhere...

Be careful what you wish for and..... Be a hero -take a kid fishing !

My wife called me at work last week, said the washing machine was making noise which resulted $600 replacement. I lost what would have been fishing time on a beautiful Saturday morning picking up and installing the new one. Fine.

Today I was just about to order components to begin a restoration on an old 7' 6" bamboo rod that I've had hanging around for a year, then my wife called. No running water in the house - most likely the well pump, cha-ching!

Ah the joys of home ownership, another bourbon please-

You've been busy !!!

Yea it's a lot more than I was originally planning on doing, saves a lot of money sending in a big batch but it's a bummer having so much time going into just prep work at once.

My wife called me at work last week, said the washing machine was making noise which resulted $600 replacement. I lost what would have been fishing time on a beautiful Saturday morning picking up and installing the new one. Fine.

Today I was just about to order components to begin a restoration on an old 7' 6" bamboo rod that I've had hanging around for a year, then my wife called. No running water in the house - most likely the well pump, cha-ching!

No such thing as a "Happy Homeowner"

Just a myth perpetuated by the real estate industry

Misery loves miserable company.

Welcome

No such thing as a "Happy Homeowner"

Just a myth perpetuated by the real estate industry

Your opinion, right up there with "flat earth" and "we've never been to the Moon". dry.png tongue.png

VERY happy home owner here. Paying rent for a place to stay is more expensive AND you're always at the mercy of the landlord.

We now own our house. Mortgage is all paid off. I repeat, Wife and I are extremely happy home owners.biggrin.png

Happy homeowner here too Mike, as we all know being occasionally "House Poor" goes with the territory. The good news is the fish don't care one way or the other.

another happy home owner. paid in full when i bought it. no mortage payment :)

1eiR.gif

yes, they do require periodic maintenance but so does everything else

I built two 5ft. gates and a short section of fence using pallets. I had to purchase the hardware and 4x4 posts (one 10ft post cut in half). It turned out like my flies. Functional but a little off. biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Linking my new "magic" phone to the Bluetooth in my car, and linking it to my "magic" watch. Bluetooth in the car is linked. Not sure about the watch. These things should be simple.

Linking my new "magic" phone to the Bluetooth in my car, and linking it to my "magic" watch. Bluetooth in the car is linked. Not sure about the watch. These things should be simple.

Suppose you are ok with being listened to? All of the tech companies have openly, because people don't seem to care for some reason, admit that they have teams of employees whose sole job is to listen to people's recorded conversations and record the data. So when you mention that you're hungry then receive a coupon on your phone for food, don't be surprised. This can be spun positive or negative but at least everyone should know it is taking place. If you think for a minute they aren't recording other things, you're crazy. Ok, tin foil hate is off :D

I turned the voice activation stuff off and lessen my use of some of this tech, even though I know it's still listening when it's "turned off"

All of the tech companies have openly, because people don't seem to care for some reason, admit that they have teams of employees whose sole job is to listen to people's recorded conversations and record the data. So when you mention that you're hungry then receive a coupon on your phone for food, don't be surprised.

Remember the old organized crime saying "Never write if you can whisper, never whisper if you can nod".