Fly Tying
breambuster

Classic Dry Fly Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box

Once again, 3 times in a row, Woodenlegs is the first swapper to get his flies to me and therefore is the winner of the extra fly from me. However, his flies put mine to shame. These are very nice flies and will have a special place in the well-stocked fly box.

On another note, how many of you have a store near you where you can find about any material you want, and how many of you have to mail order your materials? The swap that I am planning right after parachutes may require materials that can only be found in the better stocked stores. So I’m thinking that I may need to warn you right after I post parachutes what will be required in case some of you have to order. That will give you a month to get your orders in and back and then a month to get your flies tied. So, give me some idea about how much you have to depend on mail order. I have to depend on mail order for just about everything.

BB

Hey Guys. Great new look to the Forum. Let’s hope this will be a stable and dependable fix. It should be. I will be anxious to see if this solves my problem if not getting notifications when someone replies to a thread or sends me a PM. Time will tell.

My reason for posting today is to acknowledge the receipt of Pinkin6ofem’s flies. They arrived over the weekend, but I haven’t been able to get on the forum to let you know. Another great set for the Well-Stocked Fly Box.

BB

I tied 23 Royal Coachmen total for the classic dry fly swap.

Here's the best twelve for the swap.

DSCF4890-X2.jpg

This one may be my best, even though the floss is a little fuzzy.

DSCF4889-XL.jpg

The fuzz is bugging me now.

DSCF4894-XL.jpg

Ready for shipping on Monday.

Dette’s coffin fly variant. Moose body tail and white hackle instead of badger. The close-up makes me think I should have left off a turn or two of hackle but I think they‘ll catch a fish or two. 

7E7EA1A3-8587-4C58-AABC-6C76B8A21317.jpeg

16 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

I tied 23 Royal Coachmen total for the classic dry fly swap.

Here's the best twelve for the swap.

DSCF4890-X2.jpg

This one may be my best, even though the floss is a little fuzzy.

DSCF4889-XL.jpg

The fuzz is bugging me now.

DSCF4894-XL.jpg

Ready for shipping on Monday.

I want to introduce the one with frayed floss to  a Tie Hack Brook, in my neighborhood in a few weeks

I'm 99.9% online the local fly shop 50 mile round trip And they cater to local fly tiers ..

Steve-stabgnid

I am on the final 25% of journey to 36 for my great friends and king SchwampMinder,  BB,  photos not ready for prime time but flies are- if your audience is a fish..  Many fins up to this group

We received some really sweet flies yesterday from Stabgnid and Vicrider. These are definitely going to be flies that you are going to be happy to have. Thanks, guys, for your excellent work.

BB