Fly Tying
DarrellP

Classic Steelhead fly swap

I have hooked them on an Orange glow bug.  I prefer to swing flies.  Next project is to learn to tie Spey flies.  Guess I drank the Kool-aid. 

Looks like they are all here.  Will get them out Monday ot Tuesday.  Really magnificent work.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:54 AM, DarrellP said:

I have hooked them on an Orange glow bug.  I prefer to swing flies.  Next project is to learn to tie Spey flies.  Guess I drank the Kool-aid. 

On 5/1/2020 at 4:54 AM, DarrellP said:

Guess I drank the Kool-aid. 

Bottoms up, Sir, I am looking forward to seeing everyone’s art work soon!

In the mail!  I went ahead and sent flies to Bob Nelson, who withdrew due to his wife's illness.  If you had room in your envelopes, i put in some woven cords from Flatrock Native.  Outstanding flies,  gentlemen.

16 minutes ago, DarrellP said:

In the mail!  I went ahead and sent flies to Bob Nelson, who withdrew due to his wife's illness.  If you had room in your envelopes, i put in some woven cords from Flatrock Native.  Outstanding flies,  gentlemen.

Thanks DP, and fyi there are some rare or useful hanks of (macrame) polyolefin yarn to which our venerable Swift Manager refers.  Have more too, like 2 hay bales... 

15 hours ago, DarrellP said:

Thanks for the update, DarrellP. Looking forward to getting them. 

7 minutes ago, DarrellP said:

Can someone with good camera skills photograph the set and post it?

I'll post some photos when received, and let you guys be the judge of my photo skills. 

Received an excellent package yesterday, works of art all of them.  As promised, a photo of the flies:

IMG-20200508-091747b.jpg 

Thanks to all who participated, and to DarrellP for hosting, I hope your move goes smoothly.    

1 hour ago, niveker said:

Received an excellent package yesterday, works of art all of them.  As promised, a photo of the flies:

IMG-20200508-091747b.jpg 

Thanks to all who participated, and to DarrellP for hosting, I hope your move goes smoothly.    

Whoa, we did good.

My set must be on the last stagecoach...  

Got my flies just now. Great job everybody. Thank you and thank you to the SM DP. I wrote to thank you personally but your mail box must be full.