Fly Tying
SilverCreek

A Short Film - The Complete Fisherman

25 minutes ago, Landon P said:

What happened?

Honestly, I have a problem when anybody forces their views on others and insist their values are the only acceptable  view.

Basically I think they have an overbearing political activism campaign.  Nothing is cut and dried, black and white.

There's some good stuff in this video too but the title and much of it's material is slanted.

https://www.patagonia.com/stories/artifishal/video-79192.html

Ah I see. I only watched the first 5 minutes of the video and already saw what you mean. Definitely not right.

I loved it! Thanks for posting silvercreek! It shows what I constantly preach, that fishing need not be expensive, that fishing is not difficult, and most importantly the gear you carry has little to do with enjoying and catching fish. 

I know what you mean Mark. I won't buy a single thing from Patagonia because of their politics. However, just like a good many of others seeking fortunes, they are looking for "likes" from the like crowd and likes sell. People are buying their stuff because they like the message. Who doesn't like the sound of what they say. Selling to people who think with their heart is so much easier then selling to people who think with their head. Lots of quick money to be made from the heart thinkers and they have successfully tapped into that. From a business perspective, you have to give them credit for that. 

Very good point poopdeck. Just by watching there videos we are supporting them not that it's a bad thing but thats how it works. 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:43 AM, Poopdeck said:

I know what you mean Mark. I won't buy a single thing from Patagonia because of their politics.

I have never understood the business model of alienating half or more of your potential customers by espousing political view points.   The list of companies I won't purchase from just keeps growing as does the list of residents from the land of make believe whose movies I won't pay to watch.   

1 hour ago, DFoster said:

I have never understood the business model of alienating half or more of your potential customers by espousing political view points.   The list of companies I won't purchase from just keeps growing as does the list of residents from the land of make believe whose movies I won't pay to watch.   

Can I get a Amen!

8 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Can I get a Amen!

Amen, dude, and it doesn’t matter if I agree or disagree with the political sentiments expressed.

I don’t even like yard signs in my own yard....