Fly Tying
flytire

June Flies From the Vise

My intention was to tie some pheasant rump streamers because I liked the ones Julius Riffle posted. I went somewhat astray and ended up with the two below.

Pheasant 2.jpg

Pheasant 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Kimo said:

Micro Game Changer - Circle

101649611_3327185960626022_1119619625273

Kimo

Just couldn't bring myself to delete the photo. (for brevity or any other reason)  This is the prettiest dream catcher I've ever seen.  Close enough, anyway.  Might not be a complete dream catcher, but there are plenty of dreams in each of those streamers !!!

32 minutes ago, TSMcDougald said:

My intention was to tie some pheasant rump streamers because I liked the ones Julius Riffle posted. I went somewhat astray and ended up with the two below.

Pheasant 2.jpg

Pheasant 1.jpg

Wow, these look really good... keep going astray...

44 minutes ago, mikechell said:

Just couldn't bring myself to delete the photo. (for brevity or any other reason)  This is the prettiest dream catcher I've ever seen.  Close enough, anyway.  Might not be a complete dream catcher, but there are plenty of dreams in each of those streamers !!!

Thanks guy!

Kimo

14 minutes ago, Flat Rock native said:

Wow, these look really good... keep going astray...

Yeah, I was happy with them...just weren't what i was planning.

15 hours ago, McFlyLures said:

Some shad patterns 

95F963C8-C125-4CA9-8900-BCD0640EADD8.jpeg

Lord have mercy on the fish (bass) you present those too.  The color of the top five is spot on!  At least where I live.   (note: I got the shad pic off the web.) Just an idea. I run two in tandem, as a jointed fly.  I swear it gets more strikes then when I use a single shad fly.  I would love to see you tie a jointed - double shad in that color. 

p1265047764-1.jpg

2 hours ago, DOUG STOUT said:

Lord have mercy on the fish (bass) you present those too.  The color of the top five is spot on!  At least where I live.   (note: I got the shad pic off the web.) Just an idea. I run two in tandem, as a jointed fly.  I swear it gets more strikes then when I use a single shad fly.  I would love to see you tie a jointed - double shad in that color. 

p1265047764-1.jpg

Thanks!  Yeah so you mean two separate flies, like to look like two shad?  Or do you mean a single shad with a joint in the center, to make it articulated, say just the tail moving freely?

Here is a wet fly that I like to use with my spey rod when we have run off in the spring this has been productive  during the caddis hatch 

20200527_134324.jpg

20200527_135450.jpg

1 hour ago, James said:

Here is a wet fly that I like to use with my spey rod when we have run off in the spring this has been productive  during the caddis hatch 

Nice!

6 hours ago, TSMcDougald said:

Pheasant 2.jpg

Pheasant 1.jpg

Really nice soft hackles!

8 hours ago, James said:

Very nice James.  Any particular material that you use for the thorax?

12 hours ago, TSMcDougald said:

Nice TS.  I like using pheasant, in my opinion it's way under-rated in today's fly tying.