Fly Tying
xterrabill

Critters Photo's (living)

2 hours ago, xterrabill said:

Australian red winged parrot

we were extremely fortunate to have this very rare bird in the usa, my wife rescued him from a pet store that went out of business (he was a baby and neglected/dying). he was very intelligent, never clipped and was free range in 2 of our homes, he did his business in baskets (ONE IN EACH ROOM) was an extremely good flyer, extremely quiet, ate seeds and grapes, drank water and orange juice out of shot classes, never drew blood when ya pissed him off and he bit ya, it didn't hurt (usually on purpose LOL), slept in his cage at night,(would fly upstairs into the room with his cage when it got dark and put himself to bed), we could leave him for up to 3 days unattended but preferred not to, hated toes and balloons, loved cashews as a treat, would sit in your shoulder all day (fly off to poop in basket) didn't talk but could whistle andy Griffith on rare occasion, had the soul of an 85 year crabby old man 10% of the time, was sweet as can be the rest, the games we could play with him were hilarious! he was tough as nails, only got out once, flew to neighbors gutter, I walked over and asked him "ya wanna cashew?" and he flew right back and we walked back inside.

we were blessed to have him, he now lays in our yard, he is still very missed.

What a pretty bird.

Suet will spoil on warm/hot weather. It's starting to cool off...finally. We have suet blocks but will wait a while to put them out. Time to remove the h'bird feeders, clean then and store them for next year.

Awwwwwww.  Love the kittens!

The little birds are cute, too.  

They'd look even cuter together ... now.  In about two months, it'd be ... harsh ... for the birds!

a slightly better photo of Fireball (red bellied woodpecker) my backyard buddy, I couldn't open the door so the photo is through the dirty glass. I swear it, this guy barks like a dog, always in groups of three "bark bark bark...........bark bark bark" its so comical, ya cant help but laugh.

f/9, 1/25, iso 100

fireball22.jpg

3 hours ago, fshng2 said:

wanted to share

caption...."you steal my feathers....I steal your fish!"

or

"I feel a draft"

or

"this is the last time I fly delta"

:)

13 hours ago, xterrabill said:

caption...."you steal my feathers....I steal your fish!"

or

"I feel a draft"

or

"this is the last time I fly delta"

:)

Ha Ha.... looks like the fish is saying “Oh No! “

Caught this Eastern Racer sneaking into the shed this afternoon, at least 3.5 feet long.  That's a big'un here in New England.  

media-1603062614673-Oct-18-2020-6-22-PM.

@denduke

Aye, this is the time of year up here when they start to look for a winter home.  My cats usually take care of them soon enough when that happens, though.  

A week or so ago on a local stream this mink was fishing the BWO hatch.  As fish would rise within a few feet of him, he'd dive in and go for it. Watched for about ten minutes. He never got one, but always came back to where the fish were rising.

BZN30519.thumb.JPG.849d969a2f1bdb81d1a0935ec9d9a66b.JPG

1 hour ago, mikemac1 said:

He never got one, but always came back to where the fish were rising.

sounds like my style of fishing.