Fly Tying

Just a note “it amazing that our Pony Express” has gone from $6 to $8 for round trip fly swaps. 
And yet it takes longer to receive a package or any mail. 

yup okay thanks

a good incentive to no longer doing swaps (for me anyway)

gotta pay for that new batch of postal trucks somehow

truck.jpg

Personally I hate doing anymore than 12 swappers at a time but what I would rather do is 12 swappers but two different flies. If you want to tie 20 or 24 the same but my mind goes dead by about 6 and I have to do something different and come back to the original the next day. I might tie 50 flies over 5 days but only 12 will be the swap flies spread out.

This is why we no longer have international swappers, over $30.00 for some to swap.

Time for Washington to realize the Post Office is a service not a business.  Services are supposed to cost money.  No one says, "Geez the Army lost 6 Billion dollars last year."

We still have one of the best post systems in the world. Postal workers in an African country went on strike. Mail piled up behind the post offices. When the strike was settled, they burned the mail rather than deliver it.

9 hours ago, Camo Clad Warrior said:

What is the cost of Fedex or UPS?

Just curious as i have never checked into it?

MORE!

20 hours ago, fishingbobnelson said:

This is why we no longer have international swappers, over $30.00 for some to swap.

Time for Washington to realize the Post Office is a service not a business.  Services are supposed to cost money.  No one says, "Geez the Army lost 6 Billion dollars last year."

If they bought and used 20 less toilets they'd make up that deficit in short order! :)

Kim

Buy LOTS of "Forever" 1st class and LOTS of 'Global Forever" stamps before the next rise  in price - wish I'd done that BEFORE 1/21/2021!

Kim