Fly Tying

How’s everyone’s weather?  We have been having good snow which hopefully will help put some water back into the lakes and streams. After snowblowing for the last three days the plows came around and filled up the bottom of the driveway. 
9B67CC2B-FEAA-46F3-A9F8-0C7FA88A5C75.jpeg

Snow free in SE Michigan. Last week we were supposed to get 6"-10" during the "once in a lifetime blizzard" ...but as usual I knew they would be wrong for here. We got maybe 1/2" and it was gone in 3 days. I want snow because I have a brand new snowblower I am itchin' to try out 😁

2 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

I have a brand new snowblower I am itchin' to try out

Year I bought mine in February it stopped snowing for the rest of the year. money well spent

Been in the 80s here for a week.  Cold front came through yesterday and today barely got to 70.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

My front yard is still under water from Hurricane Ian ... more than 100 days ago.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

and a video of the full yard/road frontage.

No pictures on this post.  But another two weeks in Troy, Ohio ... yuck.

Although, it's supposed to warm up to 40+ for the first 4 days of this week.  Still, it was 80 when I left Florida this morning.

Just dreary here in New England, hardly any snow to speak of so far, 30s daytime, 20's nightly, some ice on the lakes and ponds but nothings safe. 

On 1/6/2023 at 5:20 PM, cencalfly said:

Webcam still of Half Dome in Yosemite

That's a fantastic pic. Wow

1 hour ago, cencalfly said:

Our local ski resort (China Peak) has now got over 28-feet of snow this season so far.

That's alot of snow. 

I can remember back sometime in the early to mid 90's, driving around norther California in the first week of July and some of the mountain passes were still closed, due to snow I'm assuming, but don't really remember.  

Beautiful pics, by the way.  

27FC5329-7A7A-4E89-8A81-40052D195757.jpegWe lucked out and only got about a foot of snow last night. We had a couple of inches  earlier in the week. The plows came around and pushed about 2 feet of snow in the bottom of the driveway. I spent a couple of hours doing us and four neighbors. It’s only 11:15, but I think I deserve a glass of Crown. Nick, are you sure you don’t miss this?

I can't speak for Nick ... but I know, for certain, I do NOT miss that.  I don't even like the view from your window through my computer screen.  I feel a chill wind blow down the back of my neck just seeing that.

17 below F. and 8" of new snow this morning. You gotta love the great white north!

4 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Four days of ice fishing

never got over three inches locally this year😢 need to move.