Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Gun room updates

Hey guys. Have not been around in a bit. Been busy busy busy with rods, uhg, and also tryin to have some time to do some fun stuff like work on the gun room, and been doing range days a lot with friends lately. Have lots of new updates to the gun room such as many new AR builds, and just recently built an "ammo storage" room onto the gun room.

HAjhjl0.jpg

mqCPUVU.jpg

XpTmw35.jpg

SH1pfBP.jpg

RZNY3fb.jpg

On 11/1/2023 at 7:04 PM, mikechell said:

Two simple words ...

HOLY MOLY !!!

+1  

Great job, Steve, pretty impressive.    

How do we know this is real? I’m beginning to think this gun room is nothing more than a very realistic miniature  3D printed gun room. Come to think of it I’m beginning to think your movie room, your bonsai garden, everything is just a miniature 3D printed life. You almost got me, very well done!  Just in case I’m wrong though, this is a super impressive gun room. Nice job!

Thanks guys. Greg, now you found me out damnit lol. I AM THE OVERLORD of my tiny world which I call Stevetopia😄

Well, you guys know me. No matter if I'm here daily or monthly, I will never change, I just can't leave anything alone. So during a bit of a break yesterday I decided to build a new gun storage wall. Have been needing a new wall because I am running out of room, but the only open spot was the 6x4ft wall that had an access door for the house water shut off. So I had to get creative. I built a slatwall for storage onto a 2x4 framework, then hinged it to 3 heavy duty hinges. That way I can have guns stored on it, yet swing it open if needed to access the shut off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inCtOk2zlH0

On 11/9/2023 at 9:42 PM, Steeldrifter said:

I AM THE OVERLORD of my tiny world which I call Stevetopia

Amazing! How do you shrink yourself to fit this tiny world?😁

On 11/11/2023 at 4:39 PM, cphubert said:

😲 anyone in mind?

I'd run out of pencils and paper before that list was finished !!!

Well I ordered a new toy tonight. I have been wanting to build a big bore AR rifle for a long time now. I have an AR10/308 I built last year, but by big bore I mean a real "thumper" of a caliber. I have been starting machining my own AR lowers lately, and just finished my latest one. So decided to finally do it. I have been looking at maybe 458socom,450bushmaster, and 50beowulf. Tonight I just ordered a 10.5" 50beowulf upper for this latest build.  It's gonna be a real thumper. For those that don't know a 50cal rifle rd size....this is a pic of normal 223/556 in a mag next to 50beowulf. It has not even shipped yet, and yet my shoulder already hurts 😄

U3YA39Y.jpg

7 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

50beowulf.

I couldn't imagine humping ammo for that rifle, better reinforce the buffer!