Fly Tying
zip

How many hours a week do you spend tying?

How many hours a week do you spend tying?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings fellow tyiers. I usually spend 2-3 hours per day at the vise. I am usually up at 0300 every morning and I'll start my day off with coffee and tie a few flies before I head off to work. At night I'll watch TV while tying, and sometimes I'll just sit at the desk and not do a thing but relax. On the advise of my doctor, wife and family I needed to slow down and get a hobby, and this has saved my life.

:yahoo: I spend about fifteen hours a week tying. I like to tie nymphs, streamers and caddis mostly. I also do bluegill flies when the grand kids hit me up for them. I have spent three hours so far today. It's snowing like 4#@^^ today... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Since the cabin maybe 1 hour a month. Should be picking up soon. I have been given a dedicated space of 10 x 20 for a fly tying and fishing room.

I was told once by a professor that a student has the option to take on 2 of 3 things. You can pick from a personal life, school work, and a job.

Well, since I'm in graduate school now and my stipend is pretty good, school IS my job :headbang: so....my personal life consists of fly tying...probably 15-20 hours a week :D

I have to say, I've only been tying since july, but I'm totally addicted...this stuff is like crack! :P

Well since I work full time, I am back in college taking two classes and just had another kid, I dont tie nearly as much as I would like. I cant wait for retirement! Maybe 3 hours a week if that.

i would say in the winter about 8-10+ hours a week. during the fishin season that will fall off to 2-3 hrs. just enough time to finish swps up and keep the flybox full.

Good Day,

Too much! Haha... So long ans when the weather clears up I actually go fishing!

Man, I can't wait to get these donation flies finished... haven't tied one for myself in a while. Still have around 10 dozen donation flies to complete... I have got to stop saying yes! :P

Steellie

I myself tie about 2-3hrs a night. I mostly tie in the winter, due to not being able to fish. On the weekends I can spend up to 6hrs a day tying without a problem. I have a VERY understanding g.f.!! :P

5-10 per week. I might tie for 2-3 months then take a couple weeks off.

Also, tend to tie more often when I'm stressed out, it's relaxing.

I'm just starting out but I've been tying for about an hour a night.

mostley wooly buggers and marabou streamers but starting on more hares ear nymphs and brown hackle drys. hey it's only been 3 weeks give me time I'll learn more :help:

I usually tie about two or three days a week. About two hours per session. Most of my flies are tied with deer hair. I started tying in 1965 using an old Hurters fly tying kit. It was a piece of junk, but shortly after I bought a better vise.

For me I probably spend anywhere from 10 to 15 hours a week.

Alot of my tying is for friends. Of course I do my own for the season as well.

I run a boiler room at night a few nights a week and my boss doesn't mind me tying at work as long as everything is running properly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B