Fly Tying
Troutnut

Bugs & brookies -- pictures

Since I finished the 20-month overhaul of Troutnut.com about a month ago I've been catching up on lost time, trying to make up for all the fishing I missed as I computer-programmed my way through May and June. I put most of my new stream pictures online yesterday, with a bunch of new bugs -- a couple hundred pics in all.

I spent a little time trying for big fish, but I really can't get enough of the small-stream brookies. Guess which spot skunked me?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

A Capniidae stonefly:

IPB Image

A cool translucent Paraleptophlebia spinner:

IPB Image

Really cool colors on a caddisfly:

IPB Image

A flying ant, collected during some of my best ant fishing ever:

IPB Image

That's the stuff!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oh man, those are some really neat pictures! I wish I had a place where I could go to catch some of those brookies, they are a beautiful fish aren't they? :punk:

Hi Jason,

You really do produce awesome work! Your scenery photos are captivating and beautiful. Great work!

Cheers,

Graham

Wonderful shots - the saturation really "pops"!

How do you like the 20D + 65mm Macro combo? The results seem to speak for themselves but I'm curious about the Pros & Cons of the 65mm?

AMAZING PHOTOS! I was recently looking for a nice photo of a brookie to check the colors for a fly pattern. None of the ones I found were as nice as yours. Thank your for sharing. That looks like a wonderful place to fish and a small piece of heaven.

A place in Salisbury, Mass had a tiny stream that gave up brookies like that to worms and very tiny purple roostertails. It had undercut banks and very smart brookies. NOW IT IS A EXECUTIVE HOME DEVELOPMENT.

"Put all the trees in a tree museum and charge all the people $25.00 just to see them" JM

"Why do they cut down all of the trees for new homes and then name the streets after the trees?" Unknown

Seen on a bumper sticker from Oregon " Grandpa tell me what forests were like." Unknown

Don't get me wrong new homes are great but please learn to coexist with nature.

The Squirrel

Awesome phoyography those pictures would make a nice coffee table book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!