Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

FTOTY - 2nd Round Voting Begins

First, I once again have to thank everyone for entering this year's contest. I hope you enjoyed tying your flies and I hope you were able to advance your tying skills in the process. The flies this year were beautiful and there were several flies in each category that had a potential of winning when I seen them. In fact, several of the categories were only separated by only a few votes.

All of the votes have been tallied and I checked the legitimacy of each winning flies by looking at every vote so I am confident that nothing "funny" went on during the voting process. The flies that you are about to see represent the best of FTF this year in their respective categories but this round of voting will crown the 2007 FTOTY and will awarded the Chris Carlin custom bamboo fly rod.

Now, if you entered the competition and visit this voting page and do not see your fly it does not mean that you didn't win a category. Like last year the voting page looks to see if you are a category winner and if you are it replaces your fly with another from the same category. This adds to the "mystery" where the true winners will be unveiled after the voting is over and hopefully cuts down on the chatter between members which could be viewed as someone trying to rally votes for their fly.

Congrats goes out to all of the category winners, you should be proud of having a fly reach the 2nd round.

Visit the following link to vote: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?act...ntest_votefinal

The voting will end Thursday December 20th 9:00PM EST.

Congrats to eveyone that entered and won in there category.

WOW! I thought the first round was tough! This round had me scratchn my head and looking at flies 3 and 4 times :bugeyes: . Great job everyone. :headbang:

The best selection! Thanks Will! Is there going to be second and third place recognition this year?

Nice to see alot of the flies that we voted for make it to the second round, a great set of flies guys, all well deserved!!

My hat's off to all of you that managed to enter this year and take a shot at the contest. There's some amazing work.

My vote was cast with a few things in mind;

1) overall quality of workmanship

2) technique

3) originality

4) suitability for promotional purposes for FTF

Not by any means are these a set of criteria that I'm suggesting or promoting, but just a few of my own personal guidelines that I use in my decision making when casting my votes.

Looking forward to the unveiling!!!

All the Best, and may the best fly win!!

Damian.

congrats to all again.

thanx for putting this on again.

there were a lot of good flys.

happy holidays to all.

camoham

After I narrowed the choices down to three, I agonized for many, many minutes before finally clicking on my choice. Wow, what a tough decision! Everyone who entered deserves kudos; everyone who reached the final cut deserves double.

Hats off!

John