Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Brown75

favorite time of day to tie?

I am like you, after the kids are in bed in the evenings. Also I like to try and get up at 5 and tie before I have to do my barn work (19 horses).

I get home from work about an hour before my wife does so I’ve got the house to myself. Tying helps me relax and get my mind off work. If I’ve had a rough day I’ll crack a beer or two as well. :-) On the weekends I’ll tie in the mornings with the fishing shows on TV in the background.

-D

I find I am the most creative at designing flies at night, just before bed, and usualy at the start of the week, Monday, or Tuesday.

I've even taken stuff to bed with me to tie, shhhh!

My mom cant ground me from tying because i have six vices all hid very carefully and a stash of materials in a model box so i doesnt look suspicious like a shoe bow

I've been tying after dinner almost every night and on the weekends in the evening. I was thinking of getting a c-clamp for my desk at work.

I have a 12 year old, that plays sports most of the year, and a 1 year old that needs to be changed most of the day! I work second shift so I get some time in the mornings. Weekends have been good lately, for tying as well.

Good thread to bring up to date. I enjoy tying in the evening mostly and on days when

the weather is stormy outside. My favorite place to tie is on a porch or deck overlooking the

waters I plan to fish in the evening and having a few friend along to sit and tie and spin some

yarns is the best.

When I need to replace lost flies.

Normally, I only have evenings available, but that's also the time when I can't be doing anything else.

I usually sit down at the table when my sons are doing their homework doing the school year. I can lean over to help if they need and get to spend some extra time with them that way.