Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CoachBob

Can this be fun?

I recently came across a 40s or 50s photo of fishermen shoulder to shoulder fishing somewhere in the northeast.

Then I saw this photo at http://blogs.mdc.mo.gov/blog/?p=258. Supposedly this is the first day of trout season in Missouri in 2008.

Can this be fun?

As for me, if another fisherman (besides my partner) is close enough to talk to on the stream, they are too close.

Whatca think?

post-14429-1234373926_thumb.jpg

That's what the Maumee River looks like during the Walleye run. Shoulder to shoulder, with a plainclothes DNR officer about every 10th fisherman to catch snaggers. I've lived in this area for over 30 years, and have never taken part in this.

Hey, thats bennet springs, i am probably in that photo and the reason everyone is there is because the fish take anything, its not as crowded during the rest of the year

Looks like the put & take trout streams in MD right after they're stocked. I don't trout fish much as I've never liked that type of thing. I enjoy fishing with a friend or my kids, but that's too much companionship for me! I seek out the backwater, out of the way places, that not many folks fish. I don't always catch a lot of fish, but I'm alright with that! :)

Don't look like fun to me. That's why I usaully walk at least a half mile to a mile up or downriver from a bridge before I even start trout fishing. The first couple hundred yards around a bridge get hit hard because most people are too lazy nowadays to venture any further. Wolfriverfisher (Craig)

The only other time i have seen something that depressing was some VERY old pics of Yellow Stone's fishing bridge. I would just go home and sleep rather than put up with that.

THAT LOOKS LIKE A BLAST! I could not think of anything, that would be more entertaining than casting a flyrod in such close proximity to someone else. At least I would not have to worry about running out of dip! LOL :hyst:

I know alot of streams in N Ga get hit that hard on openning day. My favorite fishing spots are all at least a mile or two from the nearest road. We usually don't have to worry about other anglers all day. :D

Will the days of public reservations for runs be that far away. Sigh, Futzer.

Any of the Erie Tribs during early Steelhead season look that bad or even worse. I have seen areas where people actually wait for some one to move to get a place to fish. They stand and wait 4 and 5 deep just for a chance to fish a spot. It is somethhing like I have never seen before and is very interesting to witness.

Hmm dont look like bennett spring....if it is....i was REALLY low on water lol. bennett is sooo nice. It is nasty DEEP spring....3 foot from the bank, and you are in 9 foot of water it seems.

I dont fish opening days at the 4 trout hatchery springs in MO., just for that reason.....too many people. Even kids day at roaring river i always seem to snag someone ( due to people just walking behind you not paying attention).

I like my little trout streams, they are so much nicer to fish and sport a challenge.

Ugh! Let's see if we can recreate the dialoge here.

"Whacha ketchum on..."

"yeller kern, en you"

"marshmeller. Look er, Bill got one on too.....Hey bill wats e eatin?"

"velvetta cheeeeese, wifes not to happy I took it though"

Thank god the nature of casting flies lends to separation!