Fly Tying
JarrodRuggles

WHAT DO YOU USE THE MOST?

What fly do you use the most?  

790 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am assuming I will be using mostly streamers this coming season.

Most of my fishing will be on warm water and I think my best bet will be to imitate baitfish as the lakes up here are pretty full of them.

The fish won't come up and use 8 calories for a two calorie snack. Dry flies are therefore out. Gotta get deep.

Slacker

Striper fishing has got me using little other than streamers lately. Hadn't thought might about it until this poll.

-- Bill

Id have to say nymphs for the most part. I like that I have to "imagine" or have the confidence that my fly is where it's supposed to be.

nymphs are 80% of a trouts diet, so usually i'll fish nymphs and when there not hitting of coarse throw on the wooly bugger! but it definitly depends on time of year and what your chasing. Up here there is an abundance of brook,brown,and steelhead, i love it :)

My most used fly is a pheasent tail soft hackle followed closely by the olive wooly bugger bead head. i guess i just like fishing on the swing style.

I also primarily use the renegade pattern. It can be fished dry, or wet; on the surface, shallow, or deep; drifting down stream or pulled upstream. It'll hook Small Mouth Bass, Large Mouth, Trout, Striper, crappie, and carp. It is probably the best all around pattern.

Tied as a dry fly it makes and excellent terrestial. When it gets wet and won't float anymore you can keep using it as a nymph. For those deep trout I use a weighted version (size 8) tied with round leaded or unleaded wieghting wire. This version makes and excellent, minnow, or crayfish.

Good fishing.

Hi,

Tandem rig nymphs, beaded as a dropper and plain as a point fly. Brown, black, haresear, flashback etc, whatever is in the river at the time.

Cheers

dries and terrestrials. there are a few others that I tie up, but they're only used on vacation when I go back out west. But for around here, it's defnately dries, and terrestrials.

I am a trout Tailrace fisherman. So my most two usded flies are Comparaduns and a nymph I tie called the Copperhead. A close third is a fly I tie called the Loop Wing Dunn- a dynamite little dry emerger.

hare's ear nymph or pheasant tail nymph. consistent go to flies.

unless a specific hatch is on and then dry fishing is much more fun.