Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

strange feet

Nice going Paul. Is that a blacktail or a whitetail? Her hooves are not normal . I have only seen one similar and it was a pen raised deer.It could be a genetic flaw . It evidently didn't stop her from reaching a healthy size.

Fred

I have only seen 2 other deer like that. A friend of mine that is a wildlife bioligist said that he was about 95% sure that it was caused from a recessive gene that could be from in breeding. Seen some weird deer lately. A guy shot a 19 pt doe last week, and she was still in velvet. If I can find the pic I will post it on here.

here is the pic.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs008.snc3/1...8_6581861_n.jpg

God bless you, Paul. I went to maximize the picture, and I'm pretty sure your fly came unzipped right in the middle of my monitor. :hyst:

Nice deer, although she has funny feet. You don't eat the feet... do you?

Slipper foot. Although, with only one hoof that one could be a new breed of "fiddler deer". Lol

We need the creative and ball busting photoshop guys to have some fun with that photo. :D I didnt want to magnify it :sick: but I dont think that is your gut sticking out!

I envy your ability to just pop out at night on your snowmobile and pluck dinner right from your back yard. If I did that I would be limited to squirrels, a few chipmunks, a big fat crab apple and garden vegatable fed groundhog and my neighbors cat.

I went to maximize the picture, and I'm pretty sure your fly came unzipped right in the middle of my monitor.

AHHH MY EYES>>>I"M BLIIIIIND! :hyst:

paul's wearin' Chritsmas colored undies! :hyst:

I went to maximize the picture, and I'm pretty sure your fly came unzipped right in the middle of my monitor.

AHHH MY EYES>>>I"M BLIIIIIND! :hyst:

paul's wearin' Chritsmas colored undies! :hyst:

i just love the 'boggan!!! Great hat, Paul!

Haven't seen the high heels before, but we did get one this year with a club-foot. Looked like there was no foot - just the leg bone that ended and the enamel of the hoof wrapped around it. Have also shot large antlerless bucks, but no horned does. Good to know humans aren't the only species with oddities.

Deeky