Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Another good morning on Lake Monroe. First two caught on flip flop foam poppers ... black or yellow. All the rest were taken on a "Panfish Attractor".

Nice fish Mike, Alright two questions lol

What fell out of the boat at the beginning of the video that you had to paddle for? laugh.png

And is that an auto pancake mounted reel? I haven't seen one of those in years.

Nice fish Mike, Alright two questions lol

What fell out of the boat at the beginning of the video that you had to paddle for? laugh.png

And is that an auto pancake mounted reel? I haven't seen one of those in years.

My rear anchor goes through a "self-locking" pulley ... thing. When you let slack into the rope, it drops down and locks the rope in place. I have to take the anchor out of the water when I am running the motor, or it drags and throws water up into the boat.

SO ... when I shut down the motor, I put the anchor out and go to the front of the boat to fish.

I didn't notice that the locking mechanism ... didn't lock.

I HEARD the rope drop into the bottom of the boat (it's bottom right on the screen) ... then you see me turn and realize what was happening.

Someone, on this site (vicrider ... maybe?) gave me that reel. I think I thanked them at the time ... but my memory sucks and I don't remember who or if I thanked them. If I didn't ... thank you. I love the reel.

Haven't fished much this year, but last weekend i was able to get out, and it bought me a new PB seatrout from my local fjord. 27" and 7lb 2oz. Taken on an old classic Danish pattern called Grå Frede, wich happens to be one of my favorites

NvkPLZB.jpg
RpAsZvX.jpg
apv7jnw.jpg

Some more nice fish on Lake Monroe. I now have two full messes of fish (16 to 20 fillets) in the freezer.