Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

All nice DFoster, but that bow, just has such great spotting to it. Real nice looking fish.

Thanks Steve- I see your located in Michigan. In two weeks I will be in Honor MI on a family vacation and would like to do some stream trout or small mouth fishing. If you know the area is there a river near by that you can recommend?

While I do most of my fishing in the North East part of the state, I do know of and have fished some in the North West part where you are going. You have a few really nice option to fish while there. The Platte river flows right through Honor so that would be an easy one to fish if you only have a few hours or a short fishing window. There's some info for that online that will give you an idea of where to fish it as I know of that river but haven't fished it myself http://www.perfectflystore.com/wplatterm.html

Honor is actually not all that far from two other really good trout streams/rivers. You have the Boardman river which flows through Traverse city which is probably about a 35 minute drive East from Honor. Then you have the Manistee river just to the South. Of all of them I would probably say if it were me and I only had a day to fish I would make the short drive over to the Manistee. There's some really good trout fishing there. Since you have 2 weeks though then you may be able to fish all of them or fish at least two since the Platte is right there in Honor and the others are pretty close.

While I do most of my fishing in the North East part of the state, I do know of and have fished some in the North West part where you are going. You have a few really nice option to fish while there. The Platte river flows right through Honor so that would be an easy one to fish if you only have a few hours or a short fishing window. There's some info for that online that will give you an idea of where to fish it as I know of that river but haven't fished it myself http://www.perfectflystore.com/wplatterm.html

Honor is actually not all that far from two other really good trout streams/rivers. You have the Boardman river which flows through Traverse city which is probably about a 35 minute drive East from Honor. Then you have the Manistee river just to the South. Of all of them I would probably say if it were me and I only had a day to fish I would make the short drive over to the Manistee. There's some really good trout fishing there. Since you have 2 weeks though then you may be able to fish all of them or fish at least two since the Platte is right there in Honor and the others are pretty close.

Thanks Steve that's very helpful! We are renting a house on or across the street from the Platte. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to fish but any time on a river is a gift. It's always enjoyable to fish new locations. Thank you again!

It was a cow, caught one just like it 1/2 hour later in a fast rip they both put a pretty good bend in my 5wt.

post-57957-0-69999400-1559849656_thumb.jpg #1 post-57957-0-05449800-1559849675_thumb.jpg #10 post-57957-0-74743400-1559849698_thumb.jpg All 10 Brookies fooled with this #10 Gartside minnow, my version. It was a good morning.

GC

That river running thru your back yard sure produces some nice fish. Love your fish picture posts.

Actually the river is plural, cause there are 3, the East, West, and Middle branches of the Westfield River (mass.) and they are in my backyard, kinda. My pleasure Meeshka thanks.

post-57957-0-11219700-1560444943_thumb.jpg 1 from this morning, released but he hung at my feet for a minute. post-57957-0-46656300-1560444962_thumb.jpg