Fly Tying
FishBoone

What fish do you like to fish for?

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trying to get an idea of the popularity of different fish. If you wouldn't mind adding while you like that type of fish best. Thanks.

Trout

Carp (and other roughfish that are fun to catch like goldeye, buffalo, drum, channel cats, etc)

Bass(smallmouth even though my success has been nil...i will figure them out this year)

Panfish (local ponds loaded with bluegills and crappie)

NO trout in Florida. When I have been in places with trout, I like them, but not as much as I do fishing for panfish. Bluegill, red ears, red breast, long eared, red spotted, green, rock bass (goggle eye), flyers, pumpkin seed and several hybrids of all listed. They are all fun to catch, plentiful, and excellent table fare.

I mostly trout fish because thats the popular fish around here, when i was in california it was bass all the way.

Pike perch and walleye. They are my main targeted fish. Although i don't really fly fish fro them much. It just said what fish you fish for the most. And just a note, you spelled walleye wrong.rolleyes.gif

I am a LMB chaser from way back, however, now I live in Nova Scotia and LMBs are almost non-existant so I chase trout and salmon. However, there is a population of smallmouth that were illegally introduced and spread throughout the island (Cape Breton) and the locals pretty much hate them, so I think I will start targeting them and eating them to appease the local bass haters....biggrin.png

I like fishing trout mostly, because of the waters they live are mostly clear and where I live if someone even mentions the word rain the creeks and rivers turn to liquid mud!

After trout it would be Smallmouth bass and panfish.

Though I live to far now to go all the time, i love the salt. Bluefish, stripers, reds, shark, tarpon. I was going to say other but guppies in a tank is to easy (sz. 32 fly)