Fly Tying
hexfli

Warmwater Species

What warmwater fish is your favorite to cast flies too?  

931 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love hooking into SMB's when fishing for trout. I always think I have a huge trout on my line, but in the end it's only SMB that weighs only about a pound. Man can those fish put up a fight.

sounds like you need to give up trout and fine tune your smallie fishin and chase 3 4 and 5+ pound smallies!

I love hooking into SMB's when fishing for trout. I always think I have a huge trout on my line, but in the end it's only SMB that weighs only about a pound. Man can those fish put up a fight.

sounds like you need to give up trout and fine tune your smallie fishin and chase 3 4 and 5+ pound smallies!

What day5 said :headbang:

Mr. Grumpy him self. bucket mouth, the large mouth bass.out here in cali. we have a good bass fishery, lots of lakes with big fish.Gota get out on the water and rip some lips.

Keep on chuckin'

Bryan 'salty fly'

I voted for other because one of my personal favorites is the flathead catfish. Not many chase them purposely with a fly, but once you hook into a big one, it changes your life lol. Best description I can think of is if you attached your fly to the back of a locomotive. It's a long drawn out fight that usually leaves your arms numb.

SMB is my favorite target species with panfish a close second. Now with that said, I will take what ever bites and have fun with it.

Sorry, carpflynut ... after watching a few videos of the PNG Black Bass, I've concluded that they are not the hardest fighting fish. They fight fairly hard, but like a lot of tropical fish, they have little stamina and give up rather quickly. I'll take a LMB or SMB over those any day. A carp will out pull one of those, hands down, and the carp can reach MUCH larger sizes.

Sorry, carpflynut ... after watching a few videos of the PNG Black Bass, I've concluded that they are not the hardest fighting fish. They fight fairly hard, but like a lot of tropical fish, they have little stamina and give up rather quickly. I'll take a LMB or SMB over those any day. A carp will out pull one of those, hands down, and the carp can reach MUCH larger sizes.

Smallies are my summer savour. When ever any other fish aren't following through I have something to back up on. For me I can go catch 1 smallie and I'll be happy. They fight like they are 10 pounds heaveir then they really are. SMALLIES ROCK!

QUOTE Whats the difference between pike and musky?

In my experience I've never seen a pike go airborn, seems like they always dive. Musky on the other hand will try some smallmouth like acrobbatics to get off your line

I've had Northerns jump many times! But maybe they're just more athletic in Minnesota. :)

Had to say LMB because they are tough to hang on when they get over 18"plus. Musky and smb are less than half point behind so but I am more than happy to chase them no matter what.