Fly Tying
artimus001

holy Zonkers Batman!!!

Haha sorry Vicrider. That is a barred grunter, or javelin. Just a juvenile, but the minimum size limit for them is 40cm (÷2.5 for inches), and this one was just over that. Got him on my 4wt, using a tan zonker fly like I tied for this swap.

I have also caught our freshwater Sooty grunter on the same tie.

This is kinda off topic but Dave have you had a run in with a spotted grunter? I read an article, on here I believe. About chasing them on the fly.

Okay, basslike shape, 16" long, probably 2# +/-, make a couple of perfect fillets...for me. Wife would have to watch me eat or add a nice side. If you're ever interested in a good baking recipe for fillets from 2-5# fish let me know. Have a good one.

Spotted / silver grunter don't grow as big. But inhabit similar areas to the barred grunter

Okay, basslike shape, 16" long, probably 2# +/-, make a couple of perfect fillets...for me. Wife would have to watch me eat or add a nice side. If you're ever interested in a good baking recipe for fillets from 2-5# fish let me know. Have a good one.

You can pm me the recipe, and I'll send one back to you.

with the first of the month and the holiday behind us, i figured that i'd bring everyone up to date. the top post has been updated.

it was a busy day at the post box today. four more sets of flies showed up today. AGN, Byron, ihang10, and joseph russell; your flies are in. i must say that this is going to be an amazing collection of Zonker flies for sure. a job well done guys! (Byron, and ihang10 - i got your PayPal transfer, thnx smile.png )

we are 4 sets short at the present time, and hopefully they will be in the mail in the next few days. if your set is in the mail, or are dealing with time issues; please let me know via a PM. i'll give everyone a day or two, to get in contact with me. after that i'll be unleashing the hounds, lol.

Sweet! My hard drive crashed 2 days ago so I just got my computer back. I had just tracked them this morning and was surprised how long it took to get across the border.

all missing sets are in the mail and accounted for. fingers crossed i'll be able to get them in the mail by the weekend.

Li'Dave your flies are in. great looking fly.

two sets to go. they both should be here in the next few days.

Wow.. Sorry my flies are still not in. They were sent over 2 weeks ago and the post office lady said it should only take 5-7 business days. I really hope they didn't get lost!

Woot!! glad to hear it Artimus. They work on a number of my local fish, so hopefully you guys can add a species or two to the list :)

Wow.. Sorry my flies are still not in. They were sent over 2 weeks ago and the post office lady said it should only take 5-7 business days. I really hope they didn't get lost!

we're still waiting on one other set, so there is still time on the clock :)

we're still waiting on one other set, so there is still time on the clock smile.png

yours showed up today. nice work!

the last set should be here soon.

That last set you are speaking of wouldn't be mine would it? I sure hope they did not get lost in the mail!