Fly Tying
Morrowboarder

From the vault

When I first began tying, I bought two books; Western Trout Fly Tying Manual v2 was one of those two. I went through it many times. I just remembered that I also have the limited edition copy of it as well. Leather binding, long inscription, and a Kiwi Muddler tied by Jack.

I don't believe I own that Leiser book, though I know I have his Book of Fly Patterns.

I have a fair selection of tying books I gathered over 25-ish years but haven't made any new acquisitions in the last 5+ years. Sorry no pictures.

Among many others, I have a signed copy of Lee Wulff's "Atlantic Salmon, both Martin books, and Bill Blades Fly Ting and Fly Fishing which has patterns in use from the 1930s into the 50s.

Rocco

I know I am out of luck if the apocalypse happens, but I presently have thousands of fly tying reference books in my library.

I should've been more specific; was wanting to see everyone's oldest book, just out of interest. I have quite the collection of books within last decade.

Mike, ditto. I've put away the books for some time now and stick to online findings. One of these days I'll run back through them to spark some ideas.

I have one, can't get pictures to work on the forum for some reason, don't know why. But it has 1600 different patterns with materials.

I have a bunch of fly tying books. Here are a few.

These might be the first two I bought. At least they were among the first.

Fly%20tying%20books%203_zpsdu9bkhe1.jpg

A couple older ones by Roy Patrick of Patrick's Fly Shop in Seattle.

Fly%20tying%20books%202_zpskywjlvbj.jpg

My signed copy of Polly's book. I was thrilled even though he spelled my name wrong.

Fly%20tying%20books%204_zpsu5960dbv.jpg

A couple older titles.

Fly%20tying%20books%201_zpsevoptr7h.jpg

I only have two tying books, Dave Hughes MATCHING Mayflies & a Finnish book by Pertti Kanerva, name translates Fun & easy fly tying tips!

I'm going to have to get back to this thread & post some pics. I'm in the process of moving & my books are in boxes. I have some older books, but don't think too many are older than late 60's publication dates.

I too have the Eric Leiser pattern book, but not the Tying book. I have an old Poul Jorgenson book too, one of my first tying books.

I've bought some books in the last few months, but none are that old. I have about 100 total now.

Digital is fine, but I still like leafing thru the pages & reading. smile.png