Fly Tying
fshng2

Mop Fly Variant

Thanks, I didn't get to the gunpowder yet.

I got distracted with some Bass fishing on a private pond and Tog fishing at IRI.

Been on the lookout for Stripers too, they say they should be here soon as in any day.

Going to try my hand at drifting 3" to 4" streamers & a weight with a spinning rod for them.

I do hope to get to the gunpowder though as I don't mind fishing in the cold.

I checked out the maps and it looks like their is plenty of parking near the boulder field.

Thanks, I didn't get to the gunpowder yet.

I got distracted with some Bass fishing on a private pond and Tog fishing at IRI.

Been on the lookout for Stripers too, they say they should be here soon as in any day.

Going to try my hand at drifting 3" to 4" streamers & a weight with a spinning rod for them.

I do hope to get to the gunpowder though as I don't mind fishing in the cold.

I checked out the maps and it looks like their is plenty of parking near the boulder field.

gpflyfisherman may be able to give you a scouting report on the GunPowder, fshng2.

I really have enjoyed this thread and thank all for their contributions.

You had me at MoP. We tie em when grandkids are mostly glorified, beaded, soft hackle styles. Here are some Panfish streamer pictures. UV Welded with only base braid and MoP from a duster tied traditional.IMG_2719.JPGIMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

FRN thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it as much as I have.

I find it interesting how these MoPs are fun to tie and how they stimulate creativity.

One thing for sure your fly looks like a mover and shaker and should easily get bit.

Thank you and everyone that has shared their experiences and creations.

Lets keep this thread going, it was not my intent to doom it with praise, But merely to acknowledge the creativity and ttying skills on display...

Noahguide thanks. You guessed it one color MoP, and colored with dark brown markers.

Wow, now that's the smallest MoP I have yet to see!

Hmm...I didn't think to dubb with it... good idea.

MoP material is so versatile.

it can be: tied as is anywhere on the hook; wrapped; shaped with scissors; glued (rigid or flexible); or dubbed as you have done.

Tip: I just discovered MoP can be permanently glued with tear mender, (latex glue) and withstands constant dunking in water, while remaining flexible.

The tail on the above sculpin pattern started out by gluing two pieces side by side for additional width, then trimmed to shape. (glued with tear mender..3 min dry time and ready to get wet in 15 min)

That sculpin mop is awesome. Care to share a SBS on it?

Thanks PD, might take a few days, but I'll put something together for ya.

FYI 99c store has carwashing microfiber mit mops in bright green, blue and yellow. I didn't buy them (yet), bought some clear latex balloons and some slimline 11 compartment stackable curved bottom hardware storage cases instead.

Definitely keep it going. I'm amazed at the creativity. Most other sites I'm on seem to be at the Crane Fly larva stage. Definitely going to tie up some these patterns. I've got a cinder worm pattern in mind. I'll post it once I get my new tying bench set up and get back to tying.

FYI 99c store has carwashing microfiber mit mops in bright green, blue and yellow. I didn't buy them (yet), bought some clear latex balloons and some slimline 11 compartment stackable curved bottom hardware storage cases instead.

Good colors and good prices, too bad we don't have 99c stores in Delaware.

Got to buy em and tie em then post em.

I have been trying to get yellow but can't seem to find any, Is the yellow one a true yellow or more like orange?