Fly Tying
breambuster

Terrestrials Anyone?

flytire, are you willing to share the secret of those great looking eyes.

As for your sig line, I don't always ask for senior discount anymore without checking one thing first. Stopped at KFC and ordered a family bucket on sale. Asked for their 10% senior discount. Got the food, got the bill and it was more than the sale price but a couple of dollars. I asked the brilliant person at the register how that could be. He looked at the bill and said "You got the senior discount". I said "Yeah, but the cost is more than the same package listed for sale". He explained in his brilliant reasoning that "You only get the discount on the regular price, not on the sale price". I only shook my head and asked who was the manager that night. Some girl about 12 years old shows up and asks what the problem was. She gives same explanation of guy at register. I carefully explain to her that I want to give back the food, get my refund, and buy it back at the listed sale price. She did this, got that, "Now I get it" look on her face and apologized. A couple of people behind me didn't get mad about the time I took but rather were laughing like crazy and the brilliant display of reasoning behind the register. By the way, last time I stopped at KFC they said they didn't have the senior discount anymore but could get a free beverage. Must be easier for staff to figure out.

Ekucolonel17, you are in and glad to have you join us. I dont think weve swapped before, but Im looking forward to seeing your work and to see what a Bristol Hopper is. Welcome.

BB

Ekucolonel17, you are in and glad to have you join us. I dont think weve swapped before, but Im looking forward to seeing your work and to see what a Bristol Hopper is. Welcome.

BB

The bristol hopper is a pattern that comes out of the Uk. Haven't really seen much of it in North America. I found it one day in a google search and decided to give it a shot. It rides at the surface or just slightly below and can be a panfish magnet. Heres just a picture off of google for an example.

Bristol_Hoppers_Golden_Olive_Fly-HP03.jp

I've had success with a variation of that hopper I got from Allen McGee's soft hackle book. It rides the surface by the bank then sinks and still catches when sunk.

Very nice, Ekucolonel 17, I’m going to enjoy trying that one out. Should be good for some big old bream! (Bluegills if you’re not from the South.)

Thanks for joining, Steve. I will add you to the list.

Not many spots left. If anyone is on the bubble, don’t wait too long.

BB

flytire, are you willing to share the secret of those great looking eyes.

i use 2 fringe beads and a piece of ultra wire

fringe bead example

gbGeMX7.jpg

eye assembly

L0pAYtu.jpg

i then position the eye assemby near the hook eye and tie the tag end of the wire to the hook.

then i fix the eyes to be perpendicular to the hook shank using figure 8 wraps just as you would do for dumbbell eyes on clousers

keXc8G1.jpg

Thanks for that Norm. It's a little more work than just snipping off some bead chain but the looks are worth the effort. Will have to go searching some fringe beads. I've also seen them tied on top of flies to represent wing bud and should be a part of complete shop.

Nick

After being out of this for quite a while I am in if you still have room. I will tie a hopper that I use.

Randy

Idaho RC you are in and welcome to the Swap and welcome back to this forum. Very glad to have you join us.

For anyone else, there is now only 1 spot left. If you want it, you must be the next person to request a spot. Don’t wait around.

Take Care

BB

Oh why not. Due date is a good ways out. I'll come up with something by then. Pattern tbd