Fly Tying
breambuster

Terrestrials Anyone?

OK Ill take the last opening

Not sure what I want to tie yet

Probably some kinda of deer hair and foam beetle or a foam bastardize hopper/stimulator thing I tie.

Something along these lines but maybe minus the rubber legs

562685-B5-1-D8-A-4-D74-97-A0-E63-A1-B7-E

I'm so sorry, Mike West. I've been on the road all day today and have just gotten to the Forum. Caloosa Bug asked for the last spot late last night and it has to be "first come, first served." Hopefully you can join one of my swaps in the future. Have fun tying and swapping.

Take care

BB

BB, if it goes over with the other guys I'd be for a baker's dozen. I say this because I am over whelmed by the contribution Mike has made to the Christmas swap bonus items. I no one has sent theirs in yet maybe guys could chime in and see if the extra pattern is okay with them.

I don’t have any problem at all adding Mike if everyone else agrees. I’ve already had a request for the address, but as far as I’m concerned, I would love to have Mike in. What do you say, fellows? It’s just 1 more fly.

BB

I'm certainly fine with it.

I'm thinking of doing something in the bee/wasp variety. No foam...either a chenille body or deer hair, but definitely black and yellow. Kinda excited already to get to work on something. It's been a while since I was in a swap tying one pattern.

So far, 6 of us have agreed with adding Mike West to the Swap. Mike asked to join after another swapper had asked for the last spot, but before I had acknowledged that last swapper. Vicrider suggested that we add Mike because Mike had contributed a lot of things to the Secret Santa Swap. I need to hear from the other 7 swappers who have not yet expressed their opinion, so, what do you guys say?

I have a question. Is a bee/wasp considered a terrestrial?

Upon further research it seems a terrestrial is any animal that predominantly lives on land. But it looks like they are not commonly associated with terrestrial fly patterns. Of which appears to consist of ants, beetles, hoppers, crickets, cicadas, and possibly worms.

Should I chose a different pattern, than a " sort of" McGinty bee variant, to stay within the theme of the swap?