Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on?

Tying up some big streamers for up-coming trips for pike and ling cod, halibut and rockfish in the salt.

Died mountain goat tied on a size 11/0 hook. The mountain goat was died by our friend fshn2 here on the forum. The hook is oversized on purpose to select toward larger rockfish.

Real nice looking flies Mark.

Thanks bud, the goat is working really good. I'm excited about tying and fishing more.

Floor looks good, Wr1nkles. Is that a trap door?

Thanks. Yeah it is, there's a crawlspace under there. Going to get heat put out there so I had to give the plumbers access.

By now I've tied about 2000 flies with my HMH TRV and I like it. They ranged in sizes from 16 ( I may have even tied a couple of 18's, but I can't say for sure) to 11/0 and it did well with all sizes except the 11/0. It wasn't easy to hold the 11/0's without them slipping when I needed to pull down extra hard on the thread.

The jaws are as crisp as the day I bought it. No erosion, chips or mushrooming.

I am super happy with the purchase.

Tying some more halibut and ling cod flies. Here's a tiger rock fish imitation. Eight inches long on two 9/0 hooks.

DSCF4105-XL.jpg

And some more pike flies. Eight inches long on a 9/0 Owner hook.

DSCF4106-XL.jpg

who would ever have thought that cleaning/organizing/rearranging my computers' hard drive(s) would be such a nightmare!

files over here, files over there, files with nothing in them, moving from one hard drive to a portable hard drive

backup this, backup that!

oh well its almost done

still waiting on the deck contractor to do his magic on refurbishing my deck. sometime after labor day

who would ever have thought that cleaning/organizing/rearranging my computers' hard drive(s) would be such a nightmare!

files over here, files over there, files with nothing in them, moving from one hard drive to a portable hard drive

backup this, backup that!

oh well its almost done

still waiting on the deck contractor to do his magic on refurbishing my deck. sometime after labor day

You sure are organizing and fixing things up a lot. I ain't that way so much, but I admire it in others.

I looked over the shoulder of my co-worker that other day. He was looking at an E-mail we needed, and I noticed that he had well over 1000 ... one THOUSAND ... old e-mails in his folder.

I have to go through mine when I see the number get to 20 ... bugs me if it gets higher.

I applaud your computer skills, that you know how to organize it.

Just finished building a new 30 foot dock and a new 12 X 16 deck. Both were 30+ years old and needed replacing. I found out at age 65 that I can do a good days work but It takes me 3 days to do it.

hmm, emails!

that might be the next clean out. theyre not really on my computer but in the gmail cloud somewhere but could stand a clean out of 5-6 year old saved emails smile.png

i just looked at emails from capital one credit card that go all the way back to 2014 and i no longer do business with capital one smile.png

however when i worked for government cotractors i was required to archive my emails

...still filling bucktail and lure orders (finished 200 today...). Here's the first order, completed and ready to package...

NDIhWHF.jpg

Half 1/8 the other half 1/4oz - just in time for snook season (opens 1 September here). This order is all red - the next one is fl. chartreuse...

Skiff is almost completely re-fitted (new motor as well) with the exception of the bilge pump... Being a careful type, I rigged my skiff with two pumps so I'm still able to go while I sort out whatever gremlins pump #1 is playing with (I'm not exactly a skilled electrician - more of an intuitive type... which does present the occasional puzzle...).

While all of this is on-going the weather folks are being a little vague about the actual course that hurricane Dorian will follow so we just won't know much until Friday morning... Of course that won't stop everyone and his brother from talking about it on the various news carnivals...

Things that go neglected just get worse and cost more later on

Not always, Doctor told me I had a heart murmur once and said it would cost $2,200.00 to check it out on his new EKG machine. Being self employed I didn't have insurance that would cover it at the time so I just ignored it. On the next exam the heart murmur was gone, the Doc. even forgot he had found one six months earlier. Had made no notes about it.

I learned a very valuable lesson, ignore your problems and they go away. smile.png smile.png smile.png