Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on?

Im told it takes a day to dress and haul out a moose. Good luck and have fun!

There have been times it has taken three days to dress and haul out a moose, but I don't do it that way anymore. Now I only shoot them if I can get my raft right up to them. It's more about catching grayling, I'm bringing my 2/0 wt and two other rods. We'll catch 100 fish a day. There's also sheefish and pike.

I already feel lucky because I'm so fortunate to do it. Thanks a lot, Mark

Now that's frugal! I like it! That's a first rate upholstery job there. Where did you learn to sew? I'm assuming you sewed it.

Thank you.

LOL I spent many years living on my own.

I bought an old Singer treadle sewing machine because it looked neat ... ended up learning how to use it to sew everything from leather and jeans to altering shirts.

I'm no seamstress ... but I can stick leather and cloth pieces together to make usable items.

I got back early from my trip. A washed out landing strip and a fast running river made it into a five day trip instead of the original 11 days. Still, it was terrific. The water was crystal clear, the fish were really biting and the weather was unbelievable. We saw a cow moose, three black bears and a black wolf. Didn't see a bull moose to shoot but it's just as well. Had a great time. "pictures at eleven"

Working on the boat all weekend. Put fuel injection in my 460 Ford marine engine in the 24 foot Almar jet boat. It's been a struggle to get it running right ever since. But, you know what "BOAT" stands for..... "Break Out Another Thousand".

Thats what my tying benches looked like before my basement flooded twice this past winter and destroyed most of my materials and without flood insurance (25yrs and never a flood so never thought to buy flood insurance).. might take a lifetime but ill be a material horder once again. Lol

Thats what my tying benches looked like before my basement flooded twice this past winter and destroyed most of my materials and without flood insurance (25yrs and never a flood so never thought to buy flood insurance).. might take a lifetime but ill be a material horder once again. Lol

Most of the people on this site would welcome any excuse to buy more stuff!

Sorry to hear about the flooding.

Working on the boat all weekend. Put fuel injection in my 460 Ford marine engine in the 24 foot Almar jet boat. It's been a struggle to get it running right ever since. But, you know what "BOAT" stands for..... "Break Out Another Thousand".

Well I'll be working on my boat again this weekend. After changing the plugs and shimming the impeller I took it out for a ride today. My RPM's dropped a few hundred at WOT so I changed the plugs. All good there as I'm back to 5800 RPMs at WOT.

My impeller is another story. Between the impeller and the liner it was gapped out at .028. Service manual calls for somewhere a range between .020 and .030. I moved one shim from front to back. With each shim being .007 my gap was now set to about .021. I was shocked to see my propulsion cut almost in half even with my RPMs back to normal. I can't believe a .007 difference could cause such a propulsion drop. Now my original three bladed impeller was replaced with a four blade stainless impeller so maybe the tolerance between it and the liner is different. I'm going to move the shim back to where it was and see what happens.

Any thoughts MChell?