Fly Tying
vicrider

Need to run a swap as part of healing process...

Nice tie there, mikemac, I like it... BTW I tried looking up "cherry pie hopper" having not heard of that pattern, and apparently there's an ipa beer by that name infused with cherries & granadine... Just sayin

First of the flies are in the house. Hoppers in from Rick Ziegler, Mikemac1, and a really nice soft hackle from Professori. Prof, that Guinea hackle really looks good. Never used it but definitely will see if any of the Guinea feathers I have loose will work for Northern Spiders.

Right now in our area the hoppers are out in ridiculous numbers. Should be a first choice if I ever get to one of the local lakes. Almost makes me wonder if the loss of birds they talk about could be allowing the hoppers to propagate beyond normal limits. I know a lot of birds eat them but right they're doing all the eating and ruined my wife's flower bed and can't walk through any grass without a continuous flare up of the mutant hoppers we have here.

If you guys don't mind a second set of hoppers in the mix, that's what I had planned to tie.

edit: foam, deer hair wing, and bug legs from FTD.

Bryon, your great looking streamers are in the house. Dogface, when hoppers are on the menu they get chewed up pretty good. Never hurts to have a little extra variety in the box.

Bryon, your great looking streamers are in the house. Dogface, when hoppers are on the menu they get chewed up pretty good. Never hurts to have a little extra variety in the box.

Tying up 12 tan foam hoppers with deer hair wings from a buck I harvested last year. They'll be in the mail Monday.

Two more arrivals. We're halfway there. Johnw1986 sent a cool little "banana spider". Woodenlegs shared a cool cross (or seems to me) between a nymph and a soft hackle that I just know he has caught a lot of fish on on his local rivers (tailwaters).