Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

flytire spotted in the woods

I think you are mistaken Steve, Norm is not himself a Sasquatch, not unless he has perpetrated a massive hoax on us, which he could have done if he in fact can play "Who can it be now" on the sax. He would have had to steal someone else's identity and post the picture he claims to be himself in his profile and in his avatar.

No, he, rather, has a pet Sasquatch whom he sometimes gathers fur from, for flies. Either that or he has a feral Sasquatch that sometimes comes to eat the cat food off of his porch. If memory serves, he follows it back to it's lair and gathers shed fur in the spring, preferring the Sasquatch toddler and infant fur for it's softness.

You see, everybody knows that Sasquatch fingers are much too fat and un-nimble for fly tying, and norms flies are much too nice to have been tied by a Sasquatch, even one that can play "Who can it be now" on the sax.

thats "squatch down under" a distant cousin of "squatch USA" 

he was the sax player for many years for the band "men at work" from 1979-1986 and then went into seclusion as he was loosing his body hair and touring was getting to be a pain in the ass. too much time away from family☹️

he retired somewhere in the snowy mountains in new south wales. he loved rock climbing in those mountains and scaring the 💩 out of hikers in the area.

"squatch down under" was never a good fly fisherman. he preferred to just scoop them up out of the river with bare paws

"squatch USA" is grateful that his distsnt cousin is still alive and still has a little rock n rolll left in him 👍

Have y'all seen the Progressive Indurance commercial with Bigfoot in it? Flo is talking about insurance with Bigfoot. She goes on about how people want to save money on insurance and says no one wants to see you anymore Bigfoot. Bigfoot says, what did you call me? Flo says Bigfoot. Bigfoot looks at his feet and says.....But... my name is Darryl

Cracked me up

Yeah I like that commercial. It's one of the few commercials left on TV that is actually funny. Most commercials these days make you wonder if the ad people even had any training for their job. The progressive ones, the Geiko ones, and that one for the gummy bears where the adults are sitting around the board room talking like little kids are all ones that I like.

1 hour ago, The Mad Duck said:

Have y'all seen the Progressive Indurance commercial with Bigfoot in it? Flo is talking about insurance with Bigfoot. She goes on about how people want to save money on insurance and says no one wants to see you anymore Bigfoot. Bigfoot says, what did you call me? Flo says Bigfoot. Bigfoot looks at his feet and says.....But... my name is Darryl

Cracked me up

👍👍

Since we got the DVR and record all our commercial TV shows for later viewing, I haven't watched a commercial.  Fast forward through all of them these days.  If we see a "Mayhem" one, we'll watch those, though.

On 5/9/2020 at 5:55 AM, The Mad Duck said:

Cracked me up

A little too close to home.  Funny thing, way before the commercial, one of my coworkers called me a Midget Sasquatch.  I am a bit hairy.  My wife loved the commercial.

6 hours ago, DarrellP said:

That is creepy.

Yea, some of those would be pretty scaring if you walked by them unsuspecting, some really talented and creative work on the taxidermists part on many of them as well.

There're not many things you can do with left-over deer butts. Looks like you could tie a few really good streamers, maybe some clousers with the beards on some of those. Those things look like something you'd see in an old episode of Star Trek.

On 6/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, vicente said:

Yea, some of those would be pretty scaring if you walked by them unsuspecting, some really talented and creative work on the taxidermists part on many of them as well.

I saw one of these in a Cape Cod shop- fine print on the label read "DO NOT WEAR IN FORESTED AREAS!  The manufacturer is not responsible for injuries or deaths resulting from your stupidity".   LOL we do live in a litigious society!