Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

8wt Smallmouth rod

Still waiting for the matching custom aluminum tube for this package but this is an 8wt just finished up recently for a customer. It's to be used as a smallmouth bass rod so did it up in some smallmouth style colors and a custom sock to match.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

4 hours ago, MuskyFlyGuy said:

Thanks Steve for the beautiful rod!  I can’t wait to get it on the water. 
Tom

🎣🎣🎣🎣👍👍

Steve

The rod arrived today and looks even better in person. When I get out soon, I will send a picture of the results. 
Thanks,

Tom

21 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Sounds like like good ol' usps at it again. What was that 2 weeks from Mi to Mn? Craziness.

If that is the wait I'm looking at, I should have my rod, around.....Christmas

Steve sent me a program disc ... 4 days ago.  I got it in yesterday's mail.  

But then ... EVERY one and EVERY thing wants to come to paradise !!!

It's crazy how messed up shipping companies are at the moment. Stuff is getting to where it is going, but for some reason some things are sitting for week - 10 days at certain hubs. I actually had a talk with the PO today through an email and just got the "Some of our facilities are short handed due to Covid right now". So sounds like it's certain hubs are are really slowing down some shipments. I actually had a few things I wanted to order before I leave for my trip in 9 days, but screw that I'm not gonna bother chancing it because they prob wont come till after I leave.

My mail is distributed from KC to Springfield and back over west to here again, last week a package from Or. was in Springfield, went to St L. and to some place in In. and two days later was back St.L then back through Springfield to KC and then back to Springfield the third time for distribution to local PO and out on the route. It got here with all that quicker than it would have back in the '60s. 

That is a pretty rod and I don't usually like green blanks, not sure why that one looks so nice. @MuskyFlyGuy hope you get much pleasure from it.

I have a microphone that has gone into a Mi hub twice so far, two days in a row ! A long ways from my door lol. It was due in yesterday hasn't moved since Wed. and worse than that UPS now says it has no record of that tracking code.

Mailed a lab report to the VA in Murfreesboro, TN. Got it back marked, "Moved." My father had an unusual experience when he lived in Chicago. He bought a shotgun at Sears. Got it home and cleaned it- found dimples where the rib was soldered on. Took it back and got a receipt/tag. They called. He went in and gave the guy the ticket. Brought out a chainsaw. Dad remarked it was a miracle! Guy asked why. Dad said they turned a shotgun into a chainsaw! Point is someone might have kept the rod. The return address might have been a tip as to the contents. A gun dealer said he always hated to ship by any carrier as things came up missing. Federal law requires the package be marked as a firearm. Duh!

Hope the rod shows up and soon for fishing season.