Jump to content
Fly Tying
SBPatt

June Flies From the Vise

Recommended Posts

Don't fish them around pickerel w/o a bite tip!   They will shear through most mono/fluoro easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarrellP said:

Landon, the bottom fly is perfectly proportioned imho

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Don't fish them around pickerel w/o a bite tip!   They will shear through most mono/fluoro easily.

I use 10 lb /+ mono. It lasts but needs to be replaced with each fish. I now use 10 inches of 10lb or 30 braid braid and it works well. 
I’m tying to ‘Eva Cassidy’ these days. Ever do that? She haunted some of my sales territory in the 90’s.  Give a listen. Probably too dated for the young pups here. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michigan Muddler (Ritchie Blackmore variation)

51235174044_d5102de115_c.jpg

51235174054_4fd0c0b7a2_c.jpg

51234395471_9943ff18d6_c.jpg

51235459500_e6abcbfb6f_c.jpg

The pronghorn is a bit unruly for the body but the deer I dyed is still too damp to use; couple more days.


hook - WFC Model 4 #10
thread - UTC 140 chartreuse 
tail - moose body 
rib - tying thread 
body - pronghorn dyed purple (1 1/2 Tsp Rit Violet, 1 1/2Tsp Rit Purple/1 cup water)
wing - Congo Hair shiner tan
head/collar - pronghorn dyed purple

Regards,
Scott 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SBPatt said:

Michigan Muddler (Ritchie Blackmore variation)

51235174044_d5102de115_c.jpg

51235174054_4fd0c0b7a2_c.jpg

51234395471_9943ff18d6_c.jpg

51235459500_e6abcbfb6f_c.jpg

The pronghorn is a bit unruly for the body but the deer I dyed is still too damp to use; couple more days.


hook - WFC Model 4 #10
thread - UTC 140 chartreuse 
tail - moose body 
rib - tying thread 
body - pronghorn dyed purple (1 1/2 Tsp Rit Violet, 1 1/2Tsp Rit Purple/1 cup water)
wing - Congo Hair shiner tan
head/collar - pronghorn dyed purple

Regards,
Scott 
 

SMOKE ON THE WATER.....

Kim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cajon-Coachman-1080.jpg

Cajun Coachman
 
Hook - Mustad S82-3906B, size 10-12
Thread - Black
Body - Rear half, red Uni-Stretch; front half, peacock herl
Throat - Brown hackle barbs
Wing - A section of black-and-white barred wood duck flank feather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was playing around at the vise last night and came up with this.

856763753_Peacock1.thumb.jpg.34bedbdb70eb4397c7c4d1ea72fc0942.jpg

Hook: Size 14 Nymph

Tail: Blue Peacock Body Feather

Body: Green Tinsel

Rib: Green Wire - Small

Hackle: Blue Peacock Body Feather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flytire said:

Wing - A section of black-and-white barred wood duck flank feather

😎 Stylin' 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TSMcDougald said:

I was playing around at the vise last night and came up with this.

Oooooo.  Shiny!  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flytire said:
Cajun Coachman
 

Ca c'est bon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TSMcDougald said:

came up with this

Nice TS.  Now you have to come up with a name  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, niveker said:

Nice TS.  Now you have to come up with a name  

Blue Peacock Spider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C8698F5C-5F34-4AF0-8856-444BB5AE3DCA.JPEG.2f1ab4702c70f50477eb04cd0d57bf2a.JPEG

Foxy Charlie

Hook: Mustad 3407, #1

Thread: Uni-Thread 6/0

Tail: Krystal Flash

Body: New Age Chenile

Legs: Sili-legs

Wing: Artic Fox

Eyes: Bead chain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden-Stonefly-Original-2-1080.jpg

Golden Stonefly

Hook - Mustad R74-9672
Thread - Brown
Under body - Nymph Form
Tail - Brown goose biots
Ribbing - Copper wire
Body - Golden stonefly color dubbing
Wing case - Turkey tail feather
Legs - Brown goose biots
Thorax - Golden stonefly color dubbing

Nymph Form

stonefly-body.jpg
Last edited by nfrechette; Today at 05:34 AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...