Fly Tying
Woodenlegs

Spanish Nymph - SWAP FULL

I hear that Woodenlegs. OK City is a real mess right now. Most of OK got in on it and we were not excluded but got less than anywhere in the state I think. We have maybe a half inch or so but even then it's enough for people to empty shelves and stay home if they can. When in MN people with no reason to be out had to go just to say they did in the storm. Having been there for years and seeing all the crashes every storm and then hear people say that drivers in the south don't know how to drive in it always cracked me up. They didn't know how to drive in it either just went anyway and filled the repair shops with fender benders. One spring it thawed and the the snow berms on side of road froze hard. That night on home commute there were something like 60 rollovers in the metro region from soccer moms sure of their 4x4 SUV. They could get up a good head of steam on the frozen roads until they lost it, hit the berm and flipped their rig. 4x4 is great and I've always had it on trucks and cars now too but it's an additional safety factor not a reason to be an idiot.

Torque does not equal traction, and 4WD does not mean 4 wheel stop.

Here in Coastal SC during the last projected ice storm businesses shut down as a precaution.  Our Northern Snow Birds were all upset because, back home up north of course nothing would have been closed for a little 1" of ice.  The next day it all melted and we went back about our business.

Well, that is true.  About an hours drive north of me is the Tug Hill Plateau and they do not measure snowfall in inches (too little!) they measure snow in feet - and that's per STORM NOT per season!  It's so bad that the style used in building cabins is to build TWO front doors - one on the first floor for the late spring/summer and one on the second floor so you can use it in the winter!!

Kim

Still socked in here in Pottsville, AR no need to risk getting hurt or having as wreck. Will gather flies and hopefully Monday will be better. 

stay safe everyone 

What a great set of beadheads. These are of a quality that should be goto flies in every fisherman's box. I was also very happy to see so many competition style barbless hooks and the few barbed hooks crushed out nicely without a broken hook in the bunch. I sure hope I get to use a few of these this year if only to catch some perch "OK 'gills" at the ponds.

I got some wonderfully tied flies speaking Spanish in my mailbox today!  Nice tying all and thanks for hosting a fine swap!

Kim

22 hours ago, atxdiscgolfer said:

Well golf tournament didnt go as hoped but it was nice to see a nice set of flies in the mailbox; thanks for hosting Woodenlegs

Meaning you didn't do very well, which does not make a tournament less fun for everyone else or did your weather mess it up for you too?