Fly Tying
Jmox

The ultimate tying desk!

I couldn't help but start drooling when I stubbled on this picture. It turned into a day dreaming session of hours spent in front of such an amazing piece of furniture.

post-54234-0-59735800-1414897882_thumb.jpg

a little too "ultimate" for me. ill stick to my simple tying table :)

no room in my house for that monstrosity

+ there's more "ultimate" tying benches out there

It's a very nice piece of furniture but I would spend more time looking for materials than I would tying

That is about the most detailed desk I've ever seen. I checked out the manufacturer's site and learned it's custom made so I could not get a price. I would guess at least $5,000.

Jmox,

Keep you eyes open on places like Craigslist and places like that. Took me a while to find a roll top desk that I could afford. I found mine at a moving sale for $175.00. Been tickles to death with it.

post-46614-0-11449000-1414933599_thumb.jpg

I've got to chime in... it's a beautiful piece of workmanship, but even considering its original use, I don't see how in the world anyone ever found anything in all those drawers. You'd have to have just a little bit of each of many things to use them all. And there's no way to identify which holds what.

I'd be looking for something more like an apothecary's cabinet. They tend to have slightly larger drawers, although they have a lot of them, and they usually have a card holder on the face so you can label them. I like to keep most of the stuff I'm not using packed away. I get whatever length of whatever out of a container, and put the rest back. I know lots of guys have plastic see-through boxes, so they don't need labeling, but the wooden drawer appeals more to me because it looks neater.

If it's not too expensive, I'd love to have that desk. I'd immediately ruin the "original" look by labeling all the drawers. Problem solved for finding stuff.

That is very nice but I love my tying station.

Made the bench with $4 worth of wood a few screws, glue and some wooden dowels. I ripped the base off of and repurposed a $6 desk lamp from wall mart and drilled some holes for tools. It is a total hack job but works great.

post-52247-0-38020800-1414948984_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-64409900-1414949053_thumb.jpg

I've been following Craigslist for awhile just can't find one with drawers instead of envelope slots. My table consists of my old computer desk with plastic storage bins that the girlfriend hates but it works till I find a nice desk.

Yeah, my existing set up is El Cheapo, too. It works just fine. But I can always dream of a perfect desk ... and that one is close. Those Wooten Secretaries are beautiful ... but definitely out of my price range.