Fly Tying
deerhairdan

February Flies From the Bench

Last of the hotel flies for this year, probably. Copper wire, biots, markers, fingernail polish and thread.

Both sides in a faux mirror image.

Buzzers with wings? There's another thread going about new flies, and as I said there, I tie flies and then find out later that it's got a pattern already. Until that name is given, I am calling this missile heads.

Thanks, Steve. 'Gills and other sunfish are what I go for. I am looking forward to wetting these in Florida ... see if they work better than my goto fly.

I found this popper on YouTube. It was a tutorial in Spanish. It should catch fish. It is a No,2 hook.

post-57539-0-15980800-1454721632_thumb.jpg

Those look good, Chia. Make sure you take scissors with you the first time you wet them. Those "lips" might be big enough to lay the fly on it's side. You might want to trim them a bit to sit properly, and to change the amount of "pop" they have. I had to do that the first time I went out with my "Permanent Eye Fly".

I had to trim a bit off the top to get them to sit "upright" at the surface.

A Flatwing

20160207_190048_zps3ytcmmbs.jpg

And a Baitfish. The inner core is pearl ice-dubbing and the outer is Senyo Laser Dub.

20160207_190145_zpsj41otmxy.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality. Had to use my phone today

Sorry!!!????? I can't get pics that good with a real camera. Papa... those are beauties!

Johnny clam.. those mice are nice. :-) Are they durable enough to fish?

Johnny Q. beautiful mice tyes. You might want to set out some traps before it gets worse. Durability? I understand that they chris helm,s favorite fly for pike.

Preparing for a musky trip next summer. Started off with a good batch of big streamers. Along with what ill receive from the musky swap i should have a good set.

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

Johnny clam.. those mice are nice. :-) Are they durable enough to fish?

FF - thanks. They may lose a few wishers but these flies should be able to withstand countless bass and at least a few Muskies 8^). The tail is superglued, all the wrappings except the final eye are done with gsp or gel spun and every tie in point is cemented with Fly-Rite fly-tite. I could coat the bottom with liquid fusion (diluted or straight) or LCA to prevent water logging.

Sorry!!!????? I can't get pics that good with a real camera. Papa... those are beauties!

Thanks alot FF.

Fish For Life that black one at the bottom looks wicked cool. Mind sharing a recipe?

Fish For Life! If musky over there are anything like pike over here? Make sure you take a couple of pink flies too, pink with pearl or pink with silver!