Fly Tying
eide

July Flies from the vise

So, with my trip to Maryland just two days away, I needed to replace the camera.

Bought a Polaroid iEX29. A few flies to see how they look online.

Streamer ...

Woolly bugger with plastic bead chain eyes for a slow fall.

Panfish Attractor

Papa -

My suggestions are to trim it further, give the fly a more significant taper (largest at the head, smallest near the tail) also, when you trim it further it will expose the hook more giving you better hook up percentage!

I'm just a little concerned about the tail end beeing to skinny if i trim it any more, but i see your point about exposing the front hook.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160715_194804.JPG A new idea for the salmon & seatrout run, kind of halfcast saltfly meets freshwater fly #6 Turrell saltwater hook!

Hey ads that might work for some of the backwaters here

Might work in a lot of places Retro! Idea of hook point riding up is to avoid getting stuck on the bottom? Hope the trade off isn't fowl hooked fish in the gut?

So, with my trip to Maryland just two days away, I needed to replace the camera.

Bought a Polaroid iEX29. A few flies to see how they look online.

Streamer ...

attachicon.gifpax river flies (1).JPG

Woolly bugger with plastic bead chain eyes for a slow fall.

attachicon.gifpax river flies (2).JPG

Panfish Attractor

attachicon.gifpax river flies (3).JPG

Wow Mike, you broke your record of saying you have never tied a woolly bugger ! Good luck on your trip !

Yeah, Dave. I bought a cape a few months back, off E-Bay. I posted it on here, somewhere. Finally got around to trying the woolly bugger pattern. I'll try fishing it this coming week ... see if it attracts some piscine attention.

post-55238-0-07051600-1468671705_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-68834000-1468671732_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-74356900-1468671766_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-33274900-1468671793_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-11859400-1468671819_thumb.jpg First ever try at one of these deerhair bass poppers, before this was only muddler head, Goddard caddis & salmon bomber experience all with the same colour! Big crissis yesturday was colour black was body hair when i pulled them from the cupboard! #4 Mustad C52S BLN

wd40_zpslzecwve8.jpg

use different color thread

add wire rib

add flash over the wingcase

add a bead for a bead head wd40

use different color dubbing for the thorax area

wd = wood duck

Thanks Mike! Have to watch more videos, buy black belly hair & razors, got the stonefo tool while ago, but came with one razor! I think the cuts have to be Wright the first time, cos' if you try to fix them it looks like a lawn mowed with a wipper snipper! Massive Credit to the men here that make deerhair magic!

Adam, I know you're in a weird part of the world where regular stores aren't normal ... but discount stores here have 5-packs of double edged razors for a couple of bucks or less.

wd50%20side_zpsts5bkxme.jpgwd50%20top_zps1w4jn5lr.jpg

wd50 similar to wd40

wd50 has a small wing and wing case is tinsel

use different color thread

add wire rib

add a bead for a bead head wd50

use different color dubbing for the thorax area

use different color tinsel

wd = wood duck