Fly Tying

Perhaps this should have been posted in the fish pictures thread... However I couldn't help bragging a little. Spent last weekend camping and fishing with my nine year old son. This one was all him. I just handled the net and camera. Feeling very fortunate!

post-45957-0-33945000-1474169394_thumb.jpg

post-45957-0-27576500-1474169415_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. He caught it on his personal fly rod built by Steeldrifter here!

He asked for the pictures for his room and to show friends. Loving it.

He will remember this forever !!! When I was a kid my Dad would take me out of school for a week every May and we would go camping and fishing with my Grandfather. Still some of my best memories. You are a lucky man and your son is a lucky kid. Keep the good memories coming.

Les

Haha - would love too! Not on a fly, but we did manage to catch this one from the salt together (it was a team effort!)

That's not me - he is posing with the captain since my arms were too tired from the fish to hold it up (oh the shame.)

post-45957-0-51422900-1474213311_thumb.jpg

Nice pics. I remember when my step son was that age. We would go fishing every Saturday with his "Grandpop". We bank fished because a 9 year olds attention can still wonder. So we did alot of fishing for carp and catfish. He would fish awhile and go catch grasshoppers and crickets. Then we would drag out another rod and fish for bluegill and bass.

Great pics of some awesome memories. Thanks for sharing.

Nice pics. I remember when my step son was that age. We would go fishing every Saturday with his "Grandpop". We bank fished because a 9 year olds attention can still wonder. So we did alot of fishing for carp and catfish. He would fish awhile and go catch grasshoppers and crickets. Then we would drag out another rod and fish for bluegill and bass.

Great pics of some awesome memories. Thanks for sharing.

You've described our approach to a tee! He fishes hard for awhile and then declares he wants a break and goes off to find sticks or build a dam on the edge of the stream. I have quite a collection of sticks and river rocks. I find the time he's off playing is my turn to get some casts in. Glad you guys appreciate the photos.