Fly Tying
GLoy

Bluegill hunter swap

Mine arrived today -- very nice work by everyone! This is a great set of bluegill flies and I plan on getting them wet very soon. :)

What a honey of a bee. Every fly in here is worthy of use and praise but there always seems to be one fly that stands out among all the sterling quality in our swaps and Byron's bee is probably the nicest bee copy I've every had. I have bunches of bees, nearly enough for them to gather for a migration, but almost all are chenille like mine, hard bodied wasps with UV, and assorted other styles but none has been tied of clipped hair before. That is an amazing feat in my eyes and commend you Master Bryon. I certainly hope to get to use every fly here this year but will not use the bee unless I have a spot with NO trees or tall grass behind me.

Edit to correct misspells and words left out. Boink

What a hone of a bee. Every fly in here is worthy of use and praise but there always seems to be one fly that stands out among all the sterling quality in our swaps and Byron's bee is probably the nicest bee copy I've every had. I have bunches of bees, nearly enough for them to gather for a migration, but almost all are chenille like mine, hard bodied wasps with UV, and assorted other styles but none has been tied of clipped hair before. That is an amazing feat in my eyes and commend you Master Bryon. I certainly hope to get to use every fly here this year but will not use the bee unless I have a spot with trees or tall grass behind me.

Thanks for the kind words vicrider, although I can't take credit for the pattern itself, as it was invented by the late, great Rusty Gates, longtime owner of Gates Au Sable Lodge and Fly Shop in Grayling, MI. It is my favorite of all the bee patterns I've ever run across. Bluegills seem to love it, and it catches trout, too. :)

Thanks for the kind words vicrider, although I can't take credit for the pattern itself, as it was invented by the late, great Rusty Gates, longtime owner of Gates Au Sable Lodge and Fly Shop in Grayling, MI. It is my favorite of all the bee patterns I've ever run across. Bluegills seem to love it, and it catches trout, too. :)

I tried tying one of these last weekend so was pleasantly surprised to see it in the box. Those wings are tough; I never did get them right. You did a great job with it and I'll be studying it to see if I can get mine to work.

Of course, everyone did a great job. I got a few of them wet yesterday and even caught a fish or two. :D

Got mine! Thx guys and for hosting. I really like all of them especially the bee and the flies Vicrider tied.