Fly Tying
breambuster

Emerger Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box

post-57662-0-62605100-1581784790_thumb.jpg

I just finished mine and I'll put them in the mail on Monday.

hook: Firehole 317, #14

abdomen: olive thread with fine copper wire rib

tail: gadwall flank

wing: deer hair

thorax: spikey squirrel, ice dub, and hackle

attachicon.gif DSC_0066.JPG

I just finished mine and I'll put them in the mail on Monday.

UHHH, no ya' won't.

ps...On further examination, is that a Klinkhammer hook or just a caddis hook?

Oh yea, guess I won't be going to the PO on Monday. Tuesday.

Good eye on the hook. Not actually a true Klinkhammer but a Firehole Stick 317 Scud/Pupa/Klinck.

I like the larger gape on these.

Hey Everyone, we got a set of Emergers today from Niveker, and you can bet your bottom dollar that this one is going into my Well-stocked fly box. Man, I like the looks of this fly. I’ve got to learn this pattern. Nice.

R dorlac. I got your message. I always hand deliver all the fly swaps to the PO. Just part of the process.

BB

Thanks BB, glad you like them. I can tie a few more up and send them to you, just let me know the size.

Mine should go in mail tomorrow if wife doesn't have to go to city to haul a friend home from hospital. I did a size 18 IOBO in green CDC and then did a BWO with a small shuck, bwo dubbing, and blue dun CDC wing. They're a size 16 wide gap hook and would have gone smaller but I'm due to get a hook order in. I think they'll both make an addition to a complete box for floating in the film. One thing for those who may not have worked with CDC you DON'T use Gink or any paste on CDC. CDC I naturally a floatant and flies like these will drift in the film with the body just in or under the film like any good emerger should. Dry CDC but don't treat it.

We received a very nice set of flies from r dorlac. A super tie and another shoo-in for the well-stocked fly box. Thanks r dorlac.

BB

I have mine done early !!! They will be in the mail this week when my wife goes in to town ..

Steve-stabgnid

We received flies today, from Vicrider. Again, 2 sets for all and very nicely tied. More great flies to add to the well-stocked fly box. Thanks, Vic

BB

I now have a tracking number for a package originating in Sacramento, Calif. I’m thinking that is Bob’s flies. Never got a tracking number for last month’s set. I wonder who has received a box of flies and is wondering why some guy named Fishingbobnelson sent them.

BB

YES! fishingbobnelson’s flies arrived yesterday. A snafu with this website kept me from filing that report last night. Everyone that was in Round 1 will get an extra fly from him and those in Round 2 only, will get his Round 2 fly. Glad this set made it here. Great work, Bob.

BB

Snowshoe Hare Emergers should be sighted in SC on March 2. Tracking number is 9500 1155 9401 0058 2402 90

I have been super busy with rehearsals for my high school's musical, which is this Thursday, so I am a bit behind schedule. I should be getting the flies out by Thursday at the latest; sorry for any possible delay the post office might have to prevent you from receiving them by the 10th.