Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
terp

Renzetti Traveler Head On A Regal Revolution Stem?

Does anyone know if a Renzetti Traveler head can be attached to  Regal Revolution stem?  I already have a Revolution with a nice heavy base and I'm looking for a decent low cost option for a "true rotary" vise to add to my vise collection.  It seems like a bit of a waste to purchase another base and stem when I already have a good one.  Thanks.

(PS Wow that's cruel.  My first post and I get ranked a "Bait Fisherman"...)

terp, welcome to the forum, we all start out as bait fisherman, can't help you with Renzetti- Regal question except to say you can make anything fit just at what cost and what about replacement parts or warranty after you "fit" them together?

Not sure of the question but I'll try to answer it. Vise parts are generally not interchangeable between the various manufacturers. It's easy to see that renzetti and regal have two totally different stem to jaw connections. If you are simply talking the vise jaws only to the regal stem than it won't be a true rotary but yes it could be done rather easily assuming you have the tools and some super basic machining skills. If your talking the entire assembly affixed to the vertical straight stem the answer is yes, rather easily if you have the proper tools and some super basic machining skills. But the question becomes why would you want to Gerry rig this when it will be cheaper and easier to just buy the complete vise with a base. At least one of the two bases will work for both stems, maybe both, since the stems are either 3/8" or 10 MM. 

I don't know the answer to the exact question, but both the Renzetti and the Regal have 3/8" stems, so if you like your Regal base you can save money by buying the Renzetti without the base.

regal-revolution-roller-body-and-short-s

depends on the thread size

the renzetti is an internally threaded stem. what is your revolution stem? unscrew the head of the revolution and then let us know

or contact regal and ask your question

15 hours ago, terp said:

Everyone starts out as a "bait fisherman" here.  After a few posts you get "promoted".

Welcome to the site.

1 hour ago, Mark Knapp said:

It would be more fun if they were called "bait chucker"

😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, flytire said:

it could have been master baiter 😄

Gets my vote!

Kimo

22 hours ago, terp said:

Does anyone know if a Renzetti Traveler head can be attached to  Regal Revolution stem?  I already have a Revolution with a nice heavy base and I'm looking for a decent low cost option for a "true rotary" vise to add to my vise collection.  It seems like a bit of a waste to purchase another base and stem when I already have a good one.  Thanks.

The Regal Revolution IS a "true rotary" vise because the jaws are offset in the head. It's a great vise, why get a lower-cost rotary as well? For a travel vise or something? You could get the Griffin Spider-Cam, which is a very good vise, but honestly unless you actually need it as a travel vise, you're just wasting your money since you already have a Revolution.

14 hours ago, flytire said:

regal-revolution-roller-body-and-short-s

depends on the thread size

the renzetti is an internally threaded stem. what is your revolution stem? unscrew the head of the revolution and then let us know

or contact regal and ask your question

I'm pretty sure the barrel and the upper stem joint are all one piece. The joint can be unscrewed at the little screw about 1/2 inch or so down the stem. To answer the OP- no, you cannot put the Traveler head on the Renzetti stem.

A Regal Revolution isn't a true rotary vise?  It's expensive!  To answer your question, I believe no, won't work. I may be wrong, though, but it seems like putting a six cylinder flathead in a Corvette.  ALL American made vises have a 3/8" stem, so your base is fine, it's the connection that seems problematical to me.

11 hours ago, samsonboi said:

I'm pretty sure the barrel and the upper stem joint are all one piece. 

umm no

there is separation between the barrel and upper part of the stem assembly

it doesnt appear by the photos below that a renzetti head assembly will fit on a regal stem assembly

regal-acc-revolution-pieces-lg.jpg
regal-revolution-series-head-shank-jaws-
regal-revolution-series-head-shank-jaws-

renzetti traveler

renzetti-head.jpg
renzetti-stem.jpg

how the top piece of the stem assembly in the photo below is inserted into the barrel of the regal i dont know and dont want to assume

regal-acc-revolution-pieces-lg.jpg