Fly Tying
vicrider

Covid be damned...We're doing Christmas Swap

Hey VictioryMotoRyder,   Got the fly boxes. Could mail out 2 tomorrow with flies if it ain’t too late.  Cool lil boxes for $11 ea

063DF8EE-D534-49E6-8AD7-84773D37427C.png

CA7E63B8-727B-474E-BB35-864A8ACAD61F.png

Flies are on the way. Expected to arrive next Tuesday. It’s a bit of a mixed bag but hopefully they’ll all be useful to someone. 

Thanks for hosting this swap every year, Nick! 

Well my blades still aren't back from heat treating, and when they do get back I'm going to have to push to get through all my paid orders in time for Christmas. I decided I'll do one of these sweet little paring knives in nitro-v instead of the bird and trout knife I had planned, if you win it it will be a nice addition to your kitchen, don't cook well your wife or mother might appreciate that your fly tying got her this sweet sweet piece of kitchen cutlery.

Anyways anyone who will be participating in the draw want to request handle colors, last year Mike was the first to chime is and said it should be blue if I let him chime in again this year we all know his choice is going be blue.

20201121_154640.jpg

Vicente, looks good. It is still a whole lot more impressive than any fly box I own. Will have to put a list of candidates together and let Mike do a spindown. I will post another thread soon and one of the things I need to know is who would opt out of the knife draw. Never figured out why but a few people don't want in so makes odds better for rest of us.

JVMills, looking good and especially nice box. Did you do that yourself?

"Chime!"   "Ding, ding, ding!" Blue!

But, since I'm not actually IN the swap or drawing, I really shouldn't be the one to call out a color.

I would be honored to do the wheel again, though.

On 11/19/2020 at 7:19 PM, breambuster said:

Jackyjl, here is what I was working from.

https://www.uky.edu/~agrdanny/flyfish/ljdecuir/yaller.htm

BB

Thanks BB I was able to find an image in a 1981 publication from the National Park Service on The Great Smoky Mountain National Park.  https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/58971

Yellow Hammer.JPG

Time got away from me on this. Flies are done but won't be out until Friday. I am throwing in some tying material since I'm late. Feel free to keep it or give it to a random swapper.

Okay guys, I got a good jump on things so far and will be able to handle the late arrivals as they come. The big thing is I want them in the mail be second week of December to give them the best chance of being on time for Christmas.

Nick