Fly Tying
Squeezy

Midwest Fly Fishing Show

Afternoon All,

Wanted to see if anyone is planning to attend the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo in Warren, MI this weekend?  Thought it'd be a good time to meet some fellow forum members if anyone is attending.

https://midwestflyfishingexpo.com/

Have a great weekend all!

-Blaine

Been in Ohio for the past three weeks.  I'm flying home in the morning, to warm sunny Florida and I don't plan on returning North any time soon !!!

1 hour ago, mikechell said:

Been in Ohio for the past three weeks.  I'm flying home in the morning, to warm sunny Florida and I don't plan on returning North any time soon !!!

Safe travels mikechell

Thank you Sandan. 

I'll put my shop fan out and point it north.  A day or two blowing in that direction should start the butterfly effect and Spring for the North should be along shortly.

Remember to thank me when it starts getting warmer !!!  I doubt it will be in time for your show, Squeezy.

I’ve got no complaints about the show. First of the kind I’ve ever attended. Went hoping to get some wire for streamers and possibly some hackle if pricing was a deal. Few hours later I walked out with a new rod and reel, hooks, beads, cork poppers (killer deal $1 per bag) Hook and Hackle, new large boat box for larger flies, and a bobbin/scissors from Anadromous Fly Company. 
happy camper with a thinner wallet

On 3/10/2023 at 11:20 PM, mikechell said:

butterfly effect and Spring for the North should be along shortly

Mike please don't forget to shut it off before we get to hot!😁

27 minutes ago, Squeezy said:

I’ve got no complaints about the show. First of the kind I’ve ever attended. Went hoping to get some wire for streamers and possibly some hackle if pricing was a deal. Few hours later I walked out with a new rod and reel, hooks, beads, cork poppers (killer deal $1 per bag) Hook and Hackle, new large boat box for larger flies, and a bobbin/scissors from Anadromous Fly Company. 
happy camper with a thinner wallet

Sounds like you enjoyed it.  

Bruce- I did watch you for a bit yesterday. Wish I’d of known I would have introduced myself. You had some amazing flies out. I liked that jointed spook I beleive you said for those Rapala kinda people

9 hours ago, cphubert said:

Mike please don't forget to shut it off before we get to hot!😁

I only ran it an hour or so.  I figure a butterfly can start a hurricane, an hour with a shop fan should be able to warm the entire Northern U.S.  You should start feeling it in a week or so.

Been a number of years since I did the show. I use to get a both for my rod business back when I first started out many many years ago. These days I can hardly keep up with current orders so don't really have time to build an inventory of rods to take to the show to fill a booth anymore.

Its good to see the show is still around and doing well though. It always was a great time when Bob & I use to do it.

12 hours ago, mikechell said:

I only ran it an hour or so.  I figure a butterfly can start a hurricane, an hour with a shop fan should be able to warm the entire Northern U.S.  You should start feeling it in a week or so.

A week!  But the weather girls are saying we're getting a foot of heavy wet stuff overnight and through tomorrow-

10 minutes ago, DFoster said:

we're getting a foot of heavy wet stuff

13 hours ago, mikechell said:

I only ran it an hour or so

Turn it back on!!!