Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bob LeMay

Moderator or Administrator... small problem

I greatly enjoy checking out the patterns shown on the monthly thread.  If I miss a page though - I'm not able to go back and take a look at it - a bit frustrating but suspect it's just a glitch or oversight.  Sure would be nice if I were able to go back to page 9 but today it's page 10 and no way that I've found to go back to previous pages.... 

new window.jpg

right click on the page number and open in a new window is about the best work around

this has been mentioned before and there is nothing a moderator can do to solve the problem

i dont think the administrator can fix it either

Trouble flipping through pages - Site Help and Suggestions - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

Click on page numbers not working ? - Site Help and Suggestions - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

Trouble flipping through pages - Site Help and Suggestions - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

What's up with this site ???/ - Site Help and Suggestions - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

we all have to live with the problem until the site owner wants to fix it

35 minutes ago, flytire said:

new window.jpg

right click on the page number and open in a new window is about the best work around

this has been mentioned before and there is nothing a moderator can do to solve the problem

Click on page numbers not working ? - Site Help and Suggestions - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

What's up with this site ???/ - Site Help and Suggestions - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

That's a great little trick. I just tried it. Thanks.

I wanted to see page 32?   Navigation is a joke.  Prev and next don’t work, entering page numbers don’t work, searches don’t work.  Everything gets buried and  inaccessible anymore.  I’ve given up.  If anyone cares to follow my stuff and have a conversation about anything you need to register at NAFF and say goodbye to this joke.  

40F0E556-8C06-4D62-8467-ECF848A6C953.jpeg

5 hours ago, flytire said:

new window.jpg

I'm an "open in new tab" guy

28 minutes ago, flytire said:

tab, window or private window really doesnt matter

I don’t see a 32 page on my iPhone guy…..

This navigation hint may help someone…or maybe not.  I use an iPad to access the forum.  I’ve tried safari, edge, chrome and now DuckDuckGo browsers. Using the newer DuckDuckGo browser I am able to accelerate the navigation between pages.  It is still quirky but cleaner.  If on page 9 and I want to jump to the previous page or say page 6 I simply touch the link button (1 or 2 seconds) that I want to jump to and a small pop-up preview page appears. Click in the pop up preview page and the page I am on is dismissed and the target page appears.  In chrome I was generating multiple tabs that required cleaning up or dismissing. Not so in DuckDuckGo.

I thought it was DuckDuck….Goose!😛

Frustrating.   Only good thing left about this place lately is the members.  😏

Another way is to look at the address in your browser, find the page number, change it to the page you want and hit enter. 

Screenshot 2023-03-16 154626.JPG

Instead of navigating by clicking on the "Browse" tab and then on the various "forum tabs" in the forum window below:

673114093_ScreenShot2023-03-16at6_36_40PM.thumb.png.1abe48bfc20539cb162a525df468ba2a.png

I click on the "Activity Tab" to take me to the latests posts. 

93728604_ScreenShot2023-03-16at6_38_48PM.thumb.png.b745c0f9b81cd98532771bb5f368fab4.png

If I want to see the earlier posts, I click on "Load More Activity" at the bottom of the screen.

1440832801_ScreenShot2023-03-16at6_44_11PM.thumb.png.c02a76a64816c6caf21231bab8ed1561.png

8 hours ago, denduke said:

I wanted to see page 32?   Navigation is a joke.  Prev and next don’t work, entering page numbers don’t work, searches don’t work.  Everything gets buried and  inaccessible anymore.  I’ve given up.  If anyone cares to follow my stuff and have a conversation about anything you need to register at NAFF and say goodbye to this joke.  

Well no one is forcing you to stay here are they? If you want to go elsewhere then we are not making you to use this site. Go to NAFF and enjoy yourself, I wish you the best.

The only person that can fix that issue that pops up here is the owner (Will) and he isn't around much these days but to pay the bills. So we can not fix that problem ourselves.

This site is online and active in the face of many sites that have long died out, due in huge part to those of us that have dedicated so much of our free time to keeping this place alive for nothing else than you guys to enjoy. So thank you for your kind words of appreciation for what we have done for you over the years.

Thanks for the workaround guys.. I realize that it costs time and maybe even money to host a site (and we're not exactly an endeavor that's likely to attract sponsors with deep pockets....).  Once again thanks for the assist - and I'll try it out.  It's nearly 4:45am here and I need to get rigged and running... Booked the next two days so it will be Sunday before I visit this site again... Tight lines, y'all...